• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Talosian
    Sergeant First Class

• Dec 2007

Different Browser Displays?

Probably the oldest issue around but I can't find the right thread.

My website (Done w/B.V.) shows differently in different browsers.

What to do?

Thanks.
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Could someone please direct me to a thread on my issue.

There's no specific Thread ... just a few "Basics" that prove universally helpful:

1. Always "proof" your webpage design using multiple browsers (Chrome, IE, Safari, etc.) as all browsers will vary slightly how they render and display the same layout: find a "happy medium" that works best, being sure to allow for enough spacing and margins to preserve the integrity of each element to prevent overlapping, etc.

2. Always use Web Safe Fonts, as it is unreasonable to expect every User to have every Font loaded onto their system. By using Web Safe Fonts, you guarantee your webpage to not be displayed using browser or system "substitutes" which may completely skew your intended display unfavorably and ineffective.

3. Always "optimize" images to reduce File Size and better minimize "load time" as each page is rendered on User systems. Even running an image once through the free PixSizer offered free from VodaHost and saving with a new title without changing image size will reduce the File Size properly.
    * Be sure images are Titled with Page-Specific and Relevant Title (the image Title uses similar 'KeyWords' and mirrors the page's unique focus to best "fit" the Context and Content of that specific page) in order to contribute toward optimization rather than detract.

Be also aware that specific devices are able to display your web pages only as best as they were designed to do, and it is unreasonable to think a page will perform on a phone as well as it does on a desktop. You may prefer to use a "Responsive" theme for a Wordpress site, for example, if you want a single-design website to fluidly display properly across every device. Also, if preferring to remain using a static site (as BlueVoda creates), you may instead elect to implement additional methods to display on Phones and smaller devices as described in this Thread.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X