help with making a search button or a link to page numbers in one webpage in page!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tappotown1
    Private

• Nov 2012

help with making a search button or a link to page numbers in one webpage in page!

have text page numbers on one webpage , i am trying to figure out how to make a search bar or drop menu to select a page number and have the webpage go to that specific page number within the website ?
    Is there anyone that can help me to get this done ? Thank you

Here is a link to the page http://www.tappotown.com/worldofproducts.html as you can see i have the page numbers on the left hand side , but i would like to have something at the top of the page that can be used as a way to scroll the page to which ever page number has been selected.
    Hope this make sense to who ever can help me out here , thank you very much !
    yes
    0%
    no
    0%
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: help with making a search button or a link to page numbers in one webpage in page

1. You need to again review the Tutorial on How To Name Pages using BlueVoda, as you improperly created a single individual Page instead of a Sub-Directory (folder) for your "Store" resulting in non-complying web structure and impossible navigation methods.

For example, your "Store" named 'World of Products' should be a properly created Sub-Directory and look like this: www.tappotown.com/world-of-products/ ... which will deliver visitors to the Store's "index" page (all Directories must have an "index" page) upon which you can have a BlueVoda-created Drop-Down or Sliding Menubar installed to offer convenient navigation to your Pages, which may be organized in Categories or other suitable fashion, which would then look like this:
    www.tappotown.com/world-of-products/patio-sets.html , www.tappotown.com/world-of-products/benches.html , www.tappotown.com/world-of-products/chairs.html , www.tappotown.com/world-of-products/lounges.html ... and so on.

2. To understand how to properly create a Sub-Directory (not a Sub-Domain) using FILE MANAGER in cPanel, you should review the Tutorial.
    The Steps are simple:
    A. Access cPanel, and click on FILE MANAGER
    B. Select the Root Directory (public_html) of the Primary Domain
    C. Once the contents of the Root Directory (public_html) is displayed in the Taskbar on the RIGHT, go to the Top Toolbar and CLICK > CREATE NEW FOLDER
    D. Name this new Folder "world-of-products" and Click OK
    E. Exit FILE MANAGER and cPanel.

3. You will Publish all "Store" Pages using BlueVoda making sure you change in the Dialog FOLDER to: www.tappotown.com/world-of-products/

You will now be able to create, link to, and provide dynamic navigation for all pages published to your "Store" ...
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• tappotown1
      Private

• Nov 2012

Re: help with making a search button or a link to page numbers in one webpage in page

Hello Vasili !
      Thank you for your reply! but im not sure that is what im wanting to do , what im trying to do is on the one page make a series of page numbers that can be selected and upon selection it scrolls the visitor to that area of the webpage.
      Basically what i have right now is text boxes that say page number but im not sure how to make a drop down menu that will link to each text on the one page. I hope that makes sense.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

First it was page-to-page Navigation using a Drop-Down Menubar. Then it was "Store" Page organization using Numbered Pages.

Now ... your additional explanation ("im trying to do is on the one page make a series of page numbers that can be selected and upon selection it scrolls the visitor to that area of the webpage") sounds as if you are describing a BOOKMARK, such as I use for "Luxury Listings" on my web pages
        like this (test it yourself by clicking on the "LEGRANDE AFFAIRE" Luxury Listing - the one in the middle of Luxury Listings in the left sidebar - to see how the page "scrolls" to show that middle of web page Content at the top of the Browser).
        * You can also see I have created on this same page a few strategically placed "^ Top of Page" Bookmarks as well, to add to a better Visitor experience by providing a simple convenience ...

HOW?
        From the BlueVoda Toolbar, INSERT > BOOKMARK, then double-click on the Bookmark to "Name" it prior to re-positioning just above the Text or Content Area you are providing on-page navigation to, as this indicates to the Browser where to display the top of the browser screen. Don't worry -- the Bookmark itself only shows in your BlueVoda Workpane, as it is invisible once published.
        The Bookmark name must be the same as offered as a Hyperlink (in the Dialog, you will select BOOKMARK as Type of Link -- and your earlier-created Bookmark should show up in the Drop-Down List).

Properly reviewing the
        BlueVoda User Tutorials in the order they are presented to learn the basics of web design and how to apply the techniques shown to accomplish anything and everything you may wish to accomplish (including this unconventional Navigation scheme you insist upon) will prove to be an invaluable investment of your time ...
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X