• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sizing problem

www.redgypsy.co.uk
    Karen Dickinson
    i.d. - 5085

Hi, hope I'm posting in the right place. I couldn't see anywhere else to put it really.
    I'm having problems with my page sizes. I save the page size in page properties and centre in browser but some of my pages are too big. i.e. a white block at the right hand side of the page.
    I'd be grateful if anyone can tell me what I might be doing wrong.
    Thanks
    Karen

Re: Sizing problem

Some of your pages ARE NOT centered in browser. The typical code for centering is missing from your page code. I suggest you check again your pages properties.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Too many hours at the keyboard i think.
      Thank you I'll go back and re check my work.

Comment

Sorry for wasting your time Naval. I had only centred approx 30% of my pages. Brain fuzz!
        I've now gone back and centred them all but having the same problem. Now there's a white line down the left hand side of the pages too. (I'm guessing this is to do with centering the pages?)
        I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.
        Any advice gratefully received.
        Thanks

Comment

The white on both sides is because you centered your pages - and you created your pages with a 800 width - which means everyone will be able to see your pages without scrolling left to right. You haven't done anything wrong.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Bethers is correct. You have centered your pages and they look ok. Or maybe i didn't understand what you meant?
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Bethers and Naval. I think I understand a bit more about sizing now. I set the pages at 730. Before I publish they are fine, after I publish I can scroll to the right using the scroll bar which gives me a blank white block at the right hand side of my pages. I did some research last night and I believe this is due to different computers having different page resolutions?
              I'm guessing my pages are fine on your computers so I will leave the sizes as they are.
              Thank you very much for your time and help.
              Karen

Comment

Working...
              X