Don't care for soho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't care for soho

I really like bv. Sooo... can I craet my web site in blue voda and add a shopping cart from some where else? Is there a tutorial on this. And can I take my domain name from the soho and use it for my bv?
    -------------------------------------------
    Shelly

www.ohs****sagleidaho.com

Re: Don't care for soho

Paypal offers a shoppingcart. Also you haveOSCommerce installable through Fantastico. And, of course you can add BVpages to your site, having them under the same domainname, ans linking them to Soho.

I think Bethers is very knowledgable about shopping carts and will answer your questions more in depth than i did.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by OhScrap
      I really like bv. Sooo... can I craet my web site in blue voda and add a shopping cart from some where else? Is there a tutorial on this. And can I take my domain name from the soho and use it for my bv?
      Hi, Your domain name is yours. You can build your site with any program you choose.

You can add a cart from anywhere too. OSCommerce, Zen and Cubecart in Fantastico (control panel), PayPal, etc.... I use one called Mals-e.com which I found pretty easy to use. There are lots - you could probably find a few more just by searching these forums. I'm unsure about tutorials - check the link below my signature.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
        Paypal offers a shoppingcart. Also you haveOSCommerce installable through Fantastico. And, of course you can add BVpages to your site, having them under the same domainname, ans linking them to Soho.

I think Bethers is very knowledgable about shopping carts and will answer your questions more in depth than i did.
        Oops, sorry Naval! :o)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I didn't like Soho either - it has some good features but it's shopping cart is really limited and I prefer building in BV.

You can use the domain name where ever you choose to build.

There are various shopping carts that will work. If you want a catalog driven site, they you won't be able to use BV - but can use oscommerce or Zen cart. If you want to do like I have with A Child's Palace or Amanda has with her stores, then you can use shopping carts like we do. I use a paid version of Cart Manager - which has all the functions I can ask for and is reasonable. You need a reseller for that and I could find you one or even see about becoming one. The option Amanda uses is Mal's - which works very similarly and I like also - but it was missing a few options I wanted even in their paid version. You could also use paypal's shopping cart.

I suggest you look at the shopping cart solutions before you decide to build again - cuz what template or builder you use will be decided partially by what shopping cart you use.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

LOL Amanda and Naval - we are all up and typing at the same time - nice to know we are all speaking from the same page.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Sure it is. Hi everybody!
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you. How do I undo what I have done in soho.
                -------------------------------------------
                Shelly

www.ohs****sagleidaho.com

Comment

If yu had soho installed in a folder, 1. uninstall soho from Fantastico 2. Delete the whole folder.

OR, submit a suport ticket asking to have your account completely reset. Attention: this option well erase EVERYTHING on your site.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                  X