Help plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help plz

alright I am told that 800 width is a good size for a web template, but when I view it in preview web browser it does not take up the whole screen. Is this just b/c it is a preview or b/c the width is too small?

Re: Help plz

Originally posted by JohnSmith
    alright I am told that 800 width is a good size for a web template, but when I view it in preview web browser it does not take up the whole screen. Is this just b/c it is a preview or b/c the width is too small?
    That's why you need to centre it. If you have it bigger then it will cause some viewers to scroll sideways which is a bad thing. If you use 800 and keep it centred - it will look best to all of your viewers. To see the effect check my site out using the link beneath my name.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

alright so two questions?

1. The preview browser does not actually show what it would look like on the internet?

2. How do I know my site is centered?

Comment

alright so two questions?

1. The preview browser does not actually show what it would look like on the internet?

2. How do I know my site is centered?
        Hi John,

Yes, the preview in browser should show it centred if: you have checked (ticked) the 'centre in browser' box on your page properties; and ensured that your page is set to 800 px wide. Please note that as you move objects around your page, in BV design mode, the page width changes automatically is you go over the 800 px mark. You have to ensure that nothing is beyond this mark and that the last thing you do before a save and publish is check and reset to 800 if necessary.

It will show centred when you preview it in the browser if you have ensured that the conditions above ar met.

Hope that this clears it up for you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

John, to continue what Amanda said- the resolution you have YOUR screen set at - is not the resolution everyone has theirs set at. Therefore, if you want everyone to be able to see your site without having to scroll right to left, you need to make the site at 800 wide.

You could make it wider (as I am testing) but you need to be very careful about that - as lots will not do it.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

alright I see now thanks, but now every time I add something to my site the width expands and I can not keep it to stay. Any suggestions?

Comment

if you put ANYTHING outside the boundaries, it will expand the width and you'll have to move the item and go back and change the width back - be very careful about doing that!
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

alright thanks

Comment

nvm need more help

Alright I am keeping it centered and at 800 width but when what I have done in the preview web browser the center is different than what I see. So I have to guess and center it and I can't reach the left side. Can someone help?

Comment

nvm need more help

Alright I am keeping it centered and at 800 width but when what I have done in the preview web browser the center is different than what I see. So I have to guess and center it and I can't reach the left side. Can someone help?
                    If I understand you correctly - You don't have to physically centre it. You design it up tight to the left hand edge. Ensure that it is no wider than 800px. Double click on the page background and check (or tick) the 'centre in browser' box. Finally, check and ensure your page width is set to 800 and it should work just fine.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                    X