• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dubai Girl
    Sergeant

• May 2006

Video Website

Hi guys,

I'm building a new website and wondering if anyone has or knows how to put video tutorials on it. It's a course that you watch online but pay first. I'm unsure how to put the videos on the site or how to set up a password.I'm still trying to figure this out. Would you pay first, then get sent an email with password or pay and watch at once. Help!!

Thanks
  • David Marshall
    Major

• Feb 2006

Re: Video Website

Hi,

I have the same challenge but have ust signed up to
    http://www.myvideotalk.com/78532

is is MLM which also appeals to me, but it is the easiest way I have found to create videos that you can then send out as individual or for courses, well for anything including email, it is fun too. There is a business side or simply a client side where you can use the service. For me as a newbie to web design etc it suits me fine and is really user freindly.

Hope it is ok to mention it here,

cheers

Dave

Dave

Law of Attraction Books
    Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
    Reiki Books

Comment

• Andy128
      Major General

• Dec 2005

Dubai Girl

There are many products on the internet to make video presentations with MacroMedia being probably the best. However there are free one.
      I use Windows Media Encoder and they have just come out with a brand new version designed towards what you are looking to do. That aside.

You can create a sign up form that will direct them to pay pal and once they have made the purchase- paypal will direct them to your website for their entry password and user name. You could then have a password protected section of your website (subdomain) and give that person user access permission with the specified user name and password. That way you could track it in cpanel.

I have put up a few tutorials using screen capture and audio. It is primitive at the moment as I am upgrading components to get better quality output. But you can take a look here;

Hope that was of some help.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• Dubai Girl
        Sergeant

• May 2006

Huge Help!!! A little confusing (yet very clear)for a newbie like me but I'll try what you've said and see what I can come up with.

Thanks both Dave and Andy. Jeez, my mind is just racing!!!

Comment

• martinbak
          Private

• Jun 2006

i made stuff that befor whit a easy program but i have no idea how to use this program but i am newbi in this program to and i hope in time to learn how to use it but i can try to find som links for you to programs thay can be uset on a website for videos and musik if you wante

Comment

• David Marshall
            Major

• Feb 2006

I think with my video talk you would gain payment, then you can specify when the emails with the video link would go out, so it takes the work away. You can also say how many times a video can be watched so that a person does not highjack in some way. I have only just started looking at this area, very exciting though,

cheers

Dave
            Dave

Law of Attraction Books
            Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
            Reiki Books

Comment

• Dubai Girl
              Sergeant

• May 2006

Thanks again....this is great advice!

Keep it coming!

Comment

• Nite Producer
                Lieutenant Colonel

• May 2006

Hi Dubai Girl.

I know exactely what you wanna do, I'm thinking to do so, just few questions, is the tutorials about graphic design or something else?

you can use a screen capturation, search on download.com or google would help more.

and big advice, watch the Blue Voda Tutorials, and then you will touch the Voda Sky, believe me.

By the way, I'm living in Dubai now, but I'm going to Oz within few months, if you are outside Dubai now, don't come back, and it's an advice for all Voda community, DON'T COME TO DUBAI, it's not a really that nice, don't trust the media, now I'm just finalizing my business to go away.

Anyway, to make good animations, try Adobe Products, they are more powerful now.

The Producer
                The Producer

Comment

• Dubai Girl
                  Sergeant

• May 2006

Hi and thanks for the advice. It would be an online course but with nothing to do with computers. Also, it would be a video (much like soholaunch video) with a person talking you through a few things. Sorry, I really don't want to get into to much detail.

Now, on to a serious topic.....I can't believe you're not happy in Dubai! I loved it, couldn't wait to move there and now soo sad that we left. We didn't even have a great expat package, and had traffic problems like the rest of the city!! About 40 minutes to Jumeirah from Meadows (ouch) for school every day!!
                  I know it's changed but it'll always be my home away from home. I remember a time when driving to HRC (Jebel Ali) was a long drive. Now they're building past it. We stayed in the meadows how about you?

TGIF...here in good ol' Singers!

DG

Comment

• Nite Producer
                    Lieutenant Colonel

• May 2006

Well, Dubai was pretty good 2 years ago, now it became a Ko for decent people who started to leave a year ago.

Personaly, I liked it in the begining, but not now, even that, I would thank Dubai to give entertainmant, opportunities, and specialy, I met my soul mate there, she is everything I was dreaming in a women, we got married in the 20th may in Gosford, north Sydney in her parent's beach house.

We have a plce in the greens now, and we are planing to go back to Oz in the next few months untill I finalize my business here, and I'm starting a new one in Oz with the power that Voda gives us.

Thank you Voda Host
                    The Producer

Comment

• Dubai Girl
                      Sergeant

• May 2006

Aaaah the Greens...you're under construction 24-7....niiice! We did our quick shops at choitrams at the greens.

Congrats on the "soul mate wedding"!!!!

The Voda program is great. I'm finding it hard to sit down and really start as I'm finishing homeschooling my two. I plan to give it that 100% over the summer and be able to share.

While I have some free time I'd better watch some more BV tutorials. I'm not very good at this at all but trying.

Again, thanks for the advice and have a wonderful married life....just celebrated our 12th a few days ago!

Comment

Working...
                      X