X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collectors-info
    replied
    Re: Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

On you menu page http://www.????.co.uk/menu_stu_2.php you don’t seemed to of inserted the part in red ................................................
    <? function menu_stu_2 () { ?>
    in the properties/html “Start of Page” & on the same page the you need to put.........
    <?
    }
    ?>
    In the html page end area. Then republish.

The code that should look like this
    <?php
    include ("menu_stu_2.php");
    menu();
    ?>
    will go in a normal html box on the front of the page you want to see it on.

Leave a comment:

• myjaydee
    replied

Hi Chris - I did start at the beginning. I have read through every single post on this and I'm stumped.

Leave a comment:

• Collectors-info
    replied

Hi, go to the beginning as its more involved than just this part of the code.

Leave a comment:

• myjaydee
    replied

Howdy,

Trying to get to grips with this and really am struggling.

I would like to have a multi part CSS drop down menu on my site, which will be used on dozens of pages, but I can't seem to make the drop down bit work when I start putting them into the individual pages themselves. I have gone through this entire thread, piece by piece and attempted various ways of including this, all with no success. Including trying to incorporate all the pieces into a BV page with functions, etc.

The final page of this thread states that you can just use
    <?
    include 'menu_stu_2.php';
    ?>

Guess what - still no luck!

If I just use Notebook and upload via BlueFTP, the drop down works - (see http://www.????.co.uk/menu_stu_2.php. But no matter what, when I try to put it into another page (no drop down) example - http://www.????.co.uk/home.php.

I know everything's a mess here right now, and that the colours are wrong and the links aren't mine, etc, etc. I just want to make sure this thing works before I start fine tuning everything!

I do hope that someone can point out the error of my ways.

Leave a comment:

• LynnsBiz
    replied

Thank you so much! This was a HUGE time saver for me!!!

Leave a comment:

• v1cky
    replied

Thanks guys - I pushed the menu up into the left hand corner as instructed and everything is working as it should! Thank you again for the tip - this will revolutionise my website - version 3 is on the way!!

Leave a comment:

• mumu
    replied

Did you placed your menu bar on the top left part of the page?

Leave a comment:

• Sunchaser
    replied

Hi Vicky

Is the menu on your menu page right up against the left-hand corner?

(if there's space above the menu on the menu page, it will create space above the menu on every page that calls it up - pushing the menu down.)

Leave a comment:

• v1cky
    replied

OK....confused. This is a wicked idea for my site, as my content is refreshed daily. However, why does the HTML box show further down the page when published than my menu bar ever did when they are placed in exactly the same spot on the BV website builder?

Leave a comment:

• davidundalicia
    replied

If you don't want to have dynamic content, the code could be simply:

<?
    include 'pagename.html';
    ?>

as this goes on every page where you want the html menu page to appear then saving those pages as php is correct.(any page with php code should be saved as .php)

Leave a comment:

• mumu
    replied

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
    When i posted this thread, i was (wrongly) supposing that some users would benefit from the function, in example to pass over color schemes (having, with only one menu, multiple looks).
    However, i now understand that NO ONE has ever done this, so i need to clarify:

If you don't want to have dynamic content, the code could be simply:

<?
    include 'pagename.html';
    ?>

and nothing more!

Also, no need for ANY code in the menu page, which can be plain html (so no need to be php).

This makes the entire thing much simpler.
    here are the words of naval

Leave a comment:

• mumu
    replied

but you can do the single menu with html also it does not have to be php

Leave a comment:

• davidundalicia
    replied

Use your BV FTP program or your file manager in your Cpanel and delete the .html one.

Leave a comment:

• mboire31
    replied

ok...i like this php thing...the question i have is i've started changing all of my pages to php because of the menu thing...but i can't get my home page to change...i'll publish it as a php but the html one won't ever go away...what do i do about that?...do i just need to have my home page a html? thanks for any answers :) www.coloradocarpet.net www.coloradocarpet.net/index.php is what i want it to be fyi.

mike

Leave a comment:

• DCOFFICESERVICES
    replied

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post
    Went to http://www.kindoffice.co.uk/product_catagories.php
    but could not see any mumbo jumbo.........is it fixed now?¿
    Hi David

No I didn't fix it. I reverted back to the page I already had. I will look at it again when I've got more time.

Darren

Leave a comment:

Working...
X