X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

WOW.... What an awesome thread

This is a great thread you have navaldesign. Awesome tips in here. I saw this last night and decided to change all my pages and menu to php.

Thank you

I've had my site for about a year now. I changed the menu to I-frames after 3-4 months of having it when I ran across your thread on I-frames and Menu. Now I found this....lol

Hey Bethers

Would this change affect things as far as SE's go. I always wondered about the I-frame, as you mentioned before it's not SE friendly and I also read this somewhere else. Also when I changed to I-frames the ROR utility didn't seem to pick up my links.

I have to read some more about CSS, but my menu is in text on 90% of the pages.

Any Thoughts on whether this was a good move or a bad one?

Thnx

Mike
    http://www.atexflooring.ca
    http://www.newfloor.ca

Comment

Hi navaldesign

I got all the pages as php. If someone accesses the site by typing http://www.atexflooring.ca and then follows the links. Everything is fine and you see all the pages as .php

If someone accesses the site via SE and gets anything else besides the home page it goes into the html page and from there all the links are the older html ones. example http://www.atexflooring.ca/promotions.html <---anything followed from here is the html pages for the exception of home page which than goes into the php.

I don't see all the html pages in my blueftp to delete and also I deleted the menu that I was using for I-Frame. I'm not even sure how the html pages are still displaying my menu....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Thnx

Mike

Comment

Matrixx, since you have iframes, the internal pages probably aren't getting the rank you want. So doing this might be the way to go. You could always do individual redirects on all the pages to the new ones - if you believe the internal pages are getting much traffic. Your home page won't be effected, as it is found via url url without html or php.

Blue ftp doesn't show all pages - go into your control panel to delete out ALL http pages.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
          Matrixx, since you have iframes, the internal pages probably aren't getting the rank you want. So doing this might be the way to go. You could always do individual redirects on all the pages to the new ones - if you believe the internal pages are getting much traffic. Your home page won't be effected, as it is found via url url without html or php.

Blue ftp doesn't show all pages - go into your control panel to delete out ALL http pages.

Hi Beth

Thnx for the reply. Redirects seem to do the trick

Mike

Comment

Naval Design,

I am just building my site in BV now so what a perfect time to do this. I followed your steps and made the menu bar, made it into html, saved it as php etc. The trouble I am now having is trying to insert into my next page.

I measured out the menu bar, made it a html box and pasted in the code that you said to do it. As my site is not yet live, I can't publish it but I tried previewing it and all that comes up is a blank space. I even tried pasting in the code in the page html at the beginning and the end, and that did not solve it. Any idea of what I am doing wrong here?

I know once I get it done once I will more than likely be able to do it for every page and my header, my footer and everything.

Thank you for your help.
            My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

Chris,
              You won't be able to see this in preview- only after you go live.

If you want to test how it works, make a page using it on your other site - so that you know it's working right.
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth,

That is what I did before I left for work. I pulled up my index page for ccwenterprises, and put in an html box at the bottom. I published it and left for work. Now I have checked it here at work and there is no menu bar at the bottom.

Guess it is just growing pains of building in Blue Voda... no problem, I am sure it will get done!

Chris
                My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

Chris, did you build the other pages for CCW? It won't pull a page you built for the coffee site. And did you follow each step - one at a time. You have a tendency to skip steps :)
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Step by step this time... I am trying to learn.... I know if I skip steps, it will not get me done any quicker! :)

I did not build any new pages for ccw, just pasted a html box at the bottom to see if it would come up. I did publish the menu page though. I thought it would work on ccw site since it is the only site actually published on voda. Maybe I am wrong here.

If I need to make seperate pages, I can do that easily enough, just not from work here as my work won't let me download bv on to this computer which is probably a good thing since I would never go back to dealing!! *LOL*

I can try it tonight before I go to bed on my laptop I suppose! :)

Comment

The pages for each site are separte - and I hope you are keeping them in separate folders. You would need to follow the steps and have published both the page with the navigation (or whatever part you're putting on that page) and the page you are placing it on -
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

In BV I have a seperate folder called "CCW Enterprises" than all of my coffee pages are just in the BV folder itself. When I published the menu page I put it my bv than clicked on publish. Than I went to the index page of ccw, put in the html box with the code for the menu page and clicked on publish, but it did not work. Maybe that will give you a better idea of what I did or didn't do.

Comment

If you would like me to look, email me the two pages. If you can't do that till you get home - it might be late morning or so before I see them.
                          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

If you have published something, please provide a link to the menu page and to the page that has the html box in it, so we can have a look.
                            Navaldesign
                            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

The page with the html box on it is my http://www.ccwenterprises.biz page and I guess the one with the menu on it would be http://www.ccwenterprises.biz/menu.php ?

Beth, I will email both to you when I get home at 6. I don't get up till noon anyhow so you will have lots of time to look at it!

Comment

The menu page seems ok. Since this is a function, if you visit the page you will only see a white page, and indeed it is so. But, the test page seems to have something wrong as the menu doesn't appear.
                                Navaldesign
                                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                                X