X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bornathletic
    replied
    Re: Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

okay...I think I got the ftp problem squared away...but the thing still ins't right. See for yourself and please let me know what I need to do to get it to display properly.

thanks!

tb

Leave a comment:

• bornathletic
    replied

First off...great tip. I have been trying to figure out php for a while, so I am hoping to implement this soon. I am a noob to BV and I have been wrestling with this for hours and cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I am rebuilding our e-commerce website (www.bornathleticstore.com) and I know I need the php to make it easy to update. I Won't be changing the nameservers over until the site is done...so for now the site is at http://75.126.169.142/~upzrxcjf/. So far all I have published is a minimal index page (index.php) and the menu.php file just to test this out, but for some reason the menu will not show up. I have viewed the source code on the index page and all looks good from there...I think the menu.php file is in the wrong place...I've tried several different folders as well as no folder at all, but I don't know where it should go. Can anyone help?

thanks-

tb

Leave a comment:

• VodaHost
    replied

Good Stuff

Leave a comment:

• whshyan
    replied

Hi everyone, i'm new here :) and pls excuse my english, i'm chinese :p

Thanks everyone for providing the great tips, now i have implement the single menu page. but i have 1 question, at first i use CSS menu generator and when open my web page, it ask permission to open and it's annoying. is CSS same as javascript??

then i switch to CSS tab designer 2, it didnt ask permission (it's great) to open the page, but everytime i update the code, i have to manually put in extra line to let the link open in new window, the default is to open in same window.

now i have to use BV text menu, and it's simpler, but no fantasy button :( .
    Is there another free generator to recommends?
    Thanks again to all the experts out there ^-^

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Please provide a link to both the menu page and the page where the menu isn't showing

Leave a comment:

• Scuba Girl
    replied

hmmm...i tried this and my menu isn't showing up :-/ i checked 3 times and all steps were done. what could i be missing?

Leave a comment:

• Bethers
    replied

Glad you're enjoying it, Aaron - and, yep, isn't it nice that most mistakes now are our own :)

Leave a comment:

• gabainc
    replied

I fixed it .. all i just need to change menu to fmenu on the fmenu page in the html

this is fun
    Aaron

Leave a comment:

• gabainc
    replied

Actually it was working fine till i tried to add a flash element on this page

http://www.gabamarketing.com/HOWITWO...r-enlarger.php

Then my text was not showing correctly and i started to get that error on my pages.

Thanks again for everyones time in advance.

Aaron

Leave a comment:

• gabainc
    replied

NOt to duplicate post.. but i am new and i thought i just posted a question in case i did not .. i seem to be having trouble with my php i got an error.. that i did not have before .. it was workign fine.. and then allof the sudden it went bad...

i was wondering if anyone could help me fix this problem with my single menus
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare menu() (previously declared in /home/jaszpuee/public_html/menu.php:7) in /home/jaszpuee/public_html/fmenu.php on line 22

http://www.gabamarketing.com/

Thanks in Advance Aaron

Leave a comment:

• Andy128
    replied

Remember when using the single menu (php include function) that all subsequent pages are now .php extension. So the links will have to be changed from .html to .php

Also- they will only work once published. You will not be able to test them in preview.

If that is not a correction to your problem- please post back.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• docedesign
    replied

Now I'm having problems with links. Menus went crazy. I put the right links but when I publish they seem to be all mixed up. What to do?
    maria

Leave a comment:

• docedesign
    replied

Sorry,

I don't know why but it seems to be working now.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• docedesign
    replied

thank for your quick answer.

yes it does work without the php code as you can see here www.doce-design.com/index_ing.html

maria

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

This method works with dropdown menus. I suggest that you test your original menu to see if it works (by publishing a page with only the menu, without the php code) , and if does then come back and we can see about your problem

Leave a comment:

Working...
X