This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

The ccs part is purely to make a menu & the looks you might like.
    Placing this on each page is a separate job all together. This might be an alternative description.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you, Chris, for your reply and link. I didn't see it until now. This new description seems to be different from how it is described at the beginning of this long thread but it makes things simpler. At the end of his explanation, he suggests making two master pages, one short and one longer. My pages vary in length tremendously but the side menu bars do not reach to the bottom of the long pages (I don't have a footer). Should I make the longer master page the length of my longest page, or doesn't it matter how long I make it. What's the advantage of making a longer master page?
      Sorry for my lack of clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by dovidshmuel View Post
        Thank you, Chris, for your reply and link. I didn't see it until now. This new description seems to be different from how it is described at the beginning of this long thread but it makes things simpler. At the end of his explanation, he suggests making two master pages, one short and one longer. My pages vary in length tremendously but the side menu bars do not reach to the bottom of the long pages (I don't have a footer). Should I make the longer master page the length of my longest page, or doesn't it matter how long I make it. What's the advantage of making a longer master page?
        Sorry for my lack of clarity.
        Unfortunately BV hasn't got what is known as fluidity pages to auto extend the pages width & length. Many users just have 2 templates & fill in gaps with add's or an extra image when needed.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Oh, oh! My index page is currently 14,000 px long. Some other pages are like 10,000 px long, whereas others are much shorter. Is that going to pose a problem when I go to publish them?

Comment

It was working but now it isn't

look here please

I set it up all fine and it was working for about 3 weeks but now the menu will not show on the relevant pages. I havent changed anything, it just broke.

Any ideas guy's
            Simple Video Production Liverpool - Website video's, corporate video's, event filming, music video's, viral's, motion graphics & 3D animation

Comment

Hi

All looks fine to me - I looked at womens and mens fashion and all links are working as far as I can tell?

I use this menu system on four websites and all have worked for a year or so without problems.

(By the way, your website looks very professional - I love it!)

Comment

Will someone please help me. I followed the instructions thoroughly but when I previewed my page the navigation bar didn't show. What couls have gone wrong?

Teresa

Comment

They only show up in a published page, not in a previewed page.

Comment

Hello to All,

The very first time I did it, it was a published page (as php), and it didn't work. So i decided to start all over and just preview it. It seems to not know where the file, menu.html is. I really would like to get started on my site but don't want to until I can get this to work.

Teresa

Comment

Nevermind, I found out what I did wrong. It's working now.

Comment

What were you doing wrong? It might help other people in the future.

Comment

Can you published your index as php?
                          John Baranowski
                          www.bostonaudiodesign.com

Comment

Yes.. you can.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I tried the Menu Page and PHP it works fine but I have my directory set up with different files. Do I have to publish the menu to each separate file or is there a general file that I can put it in where it will be found by all pages?
                              Thanks, Steve K

Comment

Originally posted by stevek View Post
                                I tried the Menu Page and PHP it works fine but I have my directory set up with different files. Do I have to publish the menu to each separate file or is there a general file that I can put it in where it will be found by all pages?
                                Thanks, Steve K
                                This might help
                                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                                X