X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarbonTerry
    replied
    Re: Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

FIRST>>>>I copied everything.....THEN.....I went into my ftp and selected what needed to go and clicked on the delete button.

Leave a comment:

• beebrothers
    replied

how did you delete the redundant files?

Leave a comment:

• CarbonTerry
    replied

Hi
    I just wiped out all redundant files in my public_html folder. There were 900 or so files in there that didn't need to be.
    I used a new piece of software to generate a web gallery for www.zone5pix.com
    It creates .htm files. I put those pages into an iframe because I wanted to add some information pages (links, about, contact) and published as an html file.
    Will there be a problem trying to use this method on an htm file?
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• beebrothers
    replied

Done..thanks..had to use the file manager in the CP to find them all..

Leave a comment:

• Bethers
    replied

Yes, the other pages are still there because nothing overwrote them - you wrote brand new pages - so YES, those pages need to be deleted. Very good catch - and important for the se's - who do not like to think you are duplicating.

Leave a comment:

• asirimarco
    replied

should the replaced html pages be deleted from the ftp then?

Leave a comment:

• beebrothers
    replied

New day, new problem..

the menu bar change over went well, considering, everything is now .php EXCEPT:

how come the old .html sites are still online.
    if one types in http://www.beebrothers.org in the address bar, or clicks on the hyperlink here, they still get the old .html sites BAD

how does that fix

Leave a comment:

• Bethers
    replied

If the html box isn't big enough - it will take up the necessary space on the page anyway -and your only problem will be if you have another element in the way.

LOL about all the hyperlinks, but yep - get them all now - but now you only have one page to worry about when you change the navigation!

Have a great weekend and holiday.

Leave a comment:

• beebrothers
    replied

and every link to link in my site i have to change the hyperlink from html to .php to get the right site...OMG

Leave a comment:

• beebrothers
    replied

if i change my nav bar in the menu page and republish it, what happens if the size changes? does it that matter if the blank html box on the page is still the size of original prior to updating the menu nav bar?,

Leave a comment:

• beebrothers
    replied

Got It..i think..cool...

Leave a comment:

• beebrothers
    replied

i also assume i have to add the html box (in the place i want my menu bar) plus the

<?php
    include ("menu.php");

menu();
    ?>

code on every page, in place of the toolbar??

then php and republish??

do i change the html to php in the navigation properties box only, plus the page properties also..

Leave a comment:

• Bethers
    replied

yes, all your links need to now say .php instead of .html - that is what you are changing to be able to use this script - your pages will all be .php instead of .html

Leave a comment:

• beebrothers
    replied

still working on it..what i did notice is if i change the .html to .php on the address bar in internet explorer it works...

Leave a comment:

• Bethers
    replied

You need to give more details for us to help. If you go back and follow each step - I promise it will work - did you go into page properties and change the page to php before republishing?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X