• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acr500
    replied
    Re: Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

Originally posted by CarbonTerry View Post
    Be advised that if you use the IFrame method SE's will not see whatever is in the IFrame.
    If all of your links are there you will need to have a supplemental menu of text links at the bottom of your index page for the SE's to read.

The php method is far better.

You will not see your menu using the php method until after pages have been published. It will not show in preview.
    Dear Sir

Thank you for your continued support. I think i have made a right decision buy choosing voda host because the support is very good. It help us to over come every single problum to build our website succesfully.
    Thanks

Could you please help me with the steps involved in the php method.?
    I tried so many time however i am not able to see the menu appearing on my all webpages.

I will explain the steps i did below.

1 created a drop down menu. and saved as 'menu'
    2 In my home page I have created a html box and copy pasted the code given in the naval design instruction page.

3 published both the pages that is menu.html and index.php.

However the menu dosent appear on my home page.

Can you please help me?

Thank you once again.

Leave a comment:

• CarbonTerry
    replied

Be advised that if you use the IFrame method SE's will not see whatever is in the IFrame.
    If all of your links are there you will need to have a supplemental menu of text links at the bottom of your index page for the SE's to read.

The php method is far better.

You will not see your menu using the php method until after pages have been published. It will not show in preview.

Leave a comment:

• CarbonTerry
    replied

In your BV web builder:
    Tools>FTP Manager
    Click "Connect" (upper left hand corner)
    Enter username & password
    Make sure the correct IP# is selected
    "Connect"
    Your server will be on the right hand portion of the screen.
    Select files to be deleted
    Click on the red X in navigation bar to delete

Leave a comment:

• acr500
    replied

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
    Connect with FTP, browse to find the index.html file on the server, select it an press Cancel
    Dear Sir

Thanks for your reply. However how to connect through fpt. we use the publish button in the blue voda to publish our pages. do i have to install ftp software?

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Connect with FTP, browse to find the index.html file on the server, select it an press Cancel

Leave a comment:

• acr500
    replied

Did you re-publish the page ? I see only index.html instead of the correct index.php

Publish the page as .php and delete index.html from the server.
    Dear Sir

How to delete the index.html from the server.?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• acr500
    replied

Originally posted by acr500 View Post
    Dear Sir

Thanks for your reply. could you please help me with the steps involved in the process. We have created a menu and want to apply it to all pages so that in future if we want to modify the menu the changes should reflect on the rest of the pages. How? please help with the steps involved.

Thanks'
    Dear Sir

We tried to implement the naval design however after following the steps in the naval design we can not see the menu appearing on the rest of the pages.

What are different ways to to do it? could you please give us the steps involved.

Leave a comment:

• acr500
    replied

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
    The original method that Naval come up with was using an iframe, but the php method was a later finding that is a lot more SE friendly.
    Dear Sir

Thanks for your reply. could you please help me with the steps involved in the process. We have created a menu and want to apply it to all pages so that in future if we want to modify the menu the changes should reflect on the rest of the pages. How? please help with the steps involved.

Thanks'

Leave a comment:

• Collectors-info
    replied

The original method that Naval come up with was using an iframe, but the php method was a later finding that is a lot more SE friendly.

Leave a comment:

• acr500
    replied

Dear sir also please help us regarding iframe are there any disadvantages if we use iframe will it create any problum with respect to search engine optimization.
    Dear Sir

Can we apply the dropdown menu to all webpages using inlineframe?

If we modify the dropdown menu the changes should reflect in all the webpages. How?

some site builder provide the menubar creator/editor so after making changes to the menubar it get applied to the rest of the webpages.
    is it posssible with inline frame?

Leave a comment:

• acr500
    replied

Dear Sir

We have followed the instruction in naval design however we are unable to see the menu appearing on the all webpages. could you please help

1 have created a dropdown menu and saved the file as menu.html and published.

2 created a html box of the same size like dropdown menu.

3 Insereted the code in the html box (given in the naval instruction page)

<?php
    include 'menu.html';
    ?>

4 Published the webpage

However We are unable to see the menu appearing in the other webpages. other webpages are php.
    Could you please help what we are doing wrong. how do we over come with this problum.

Thanking you.

Dear sir also please help us regarding iframe are there any disadvantages if we use iframe will it create any problum with respect to search engine optimization.

Leave a comment:

• acr500
    replied

Dear Sir

We have followed the instruction in naval design however we are unable to see the menu appearing on the all webpages. could you please help

1 have created a dropdown menu and saved the file as menu.html and published.

2 created a html box of the same size like dropdown menu.

3 Insereted the code in the html box (given in the naval instruction page)

<?php
    include 'menu.html';
    ?>

4 Published the webpage

However We are unable to see the menu appearing in the other webpages. other webpages are php.
    Could you please help what we are doing wrong. how do we over come with this problum.

Thanking you.

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
    ( The menu page can be either .html or .php

(The pages that use this method to include the menu, MUST be .php _)

I will be thankful to you if you will help me?

1 ) Does that mean the pages that uses this method to include the menu could not be html?
    Just as easy to make them all php

2) if that is the case could you please explain me how do i save my all webpages with .php extension?
    as now when i publish my pages it gets .html extension automatically. and not php.
    Via page properties, there is a drop down to select either

3) Could please also explain what are the advantages and disadvantages of php over html?
    None

4) do i have to call the menu in each and every page? do I have to create a html box for every individual page?
    Yes! Some alternative help here that might help

Leave a comment:

• Collectors-info
    replied

1 ) Does that mean the pages that uses this method to include the menu could not be html?
    Just as easy to make them all php

2) if that is the case could you please explain me how do i save my all webpages with .php extension?
    as now when i publish my pages it gets .html extension automatically. and not php.
    Via page properties, there is a drop down to select either

3) Could please also explain what are the advantages and disadvantages of php over html?
    None

4) do i have to call the menu in each and every page? do I have to create a html box for every individual page?
    Yes! Some alternative help here that might help

Leave a comment:

• acr500
    replied

The menu page can be either .html or .php

The pages that use this method to include the menu, MUST be .php

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

The menu page can be either .html or .php

The pages that use this method to include the menu, MUST be .php

Leave a comment:

Working...
X