• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tee71
    replied
    Re: Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

Hello to All,

The very first time I did it, it was a published page (as php), and it didn't work. So i decided to start all over and just preview it. It seems to not know where the file, menu.html is. I really would like to get started on my site but don't want to until I can get this to work.

Teresa

Leave a comment:

• dovidshmuel
    replied

They only show up in a published page, not in a previewed page.

Leave a comment:

• tee71
    replied

Will someone please help me. I followed the instructions thoroughly but when I previewed my page the navigation bar didn't show. What couls have gone wrong?

Teresa

Leave a comment:

• Sunchaser
    replied

Hi

All looks fine to me - I looked at womens and mens fashion and all links are working as far as I can tell?

I use this menu system on four websites and all have worked for a year or so without problems.

(By the way, your website looks very professional - I love it!)

Leave a comment:

• mattyfergus
    replied

It was working but now it isn't

look here please

I set it up all fine and it was working for about 3 weeks but now the menu will not show on the relevant pages. I havent changed anything, it just broke.

Any ideas guy's

Leave a comment:

• dovidshmuel
    replied

Oh, oh! My index page is currently 14,000 px long. Some other pages are like 10,000 px long, whereas others are much shorter. Is that going to pose a problem when I go to publish them?

Leave a comment:

• Collectors-info
    replied

Originally posted by dovidshmuel View Post
    Thank you, Chris, for your reply and link. I didn't see it until now. This new description seems to be different from how it is described at the beginning of this long thread but it makes things simpler. At the end of his explanation, he suggests making two master pages, one short and one longer. My pages vary in length tremendously but the side menu bars do not reach to the bottom of the long pages (I don't have a footer). Should I make the longer master page the length of my longest page, or doesn't it matter how long I make it. What's the advantage of making a longer master page?
    Sorry for my lack of clarity.
    Unfortunately BV hasn't got what is known as fluidity pages to auto extend the pages width & length. Many users just have 2 templates & fill in gaps with add's or an extra image when needed.

Leave a comment:

• dovidshmuel
    replied

Thank you, Chris, for your reply and link. I didn't see it until now. This new description seems to be different from how it is described at the beginning of this long thread but it makes things simpler. At the end of his explanation, he suggests making two master pages, one short and one longer. My pages vary in length tremendously but the side menu bars do not reach to the bottom of the long pages (I don't have a footer). Should I make the longer master page the length of my longest page, or doesn't it matter how long I make it. What's the advantage of making a longer master page?
    Sorry for my lack of clarity.

Leave a comment:

• Collectors-info
    replied

The ccs part is purely to make a menu & the looks you might like.
    Placing this on each page is a separate job all together. This might be an alternative description.

Leave a comment:

• dovidshmuel
    replied

I've gone through this whole thread a few times and am still a bit confused. I tried the CSS menu generator suggested on page 1, but I don't understand how I would edit the menu generated if I wanted to in the future.

What I have done so far is I made a vertical list of page names using a regular BV text box, then added links to each one using the link button in BV. I chose the colors for the text and background. I want to use that as my menu.php to be called into the html box that is sitting on each page. Then, in the future, if I want to edit it, I'll just edit the text in the text box. Will there be any problems with doing that? Will it accomplish everything that using a CSS menu will?
    Last edited by dovidshmuel; 03-25-2009, 05:08 PM. Reason: forgot to say something

Leave a comment:

• NZ1
    replied

Having had more of a chance to play with WWB5, there is a big difference. WWB5 has a "master page" function which facilitates a live link to that page from all others. Edit the master and all other update. This is a big difference and BV achilles heal. The price for WWB5 is very reasonable I fell.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Tom Finley
    replied

Don't know if BV is all that far behind, but it is free, a big advantage. Hopefully the people charged with updating BV can address areas that need improvement in a timely manner. In the year I've been using it, it has been significantly improved, so the track record is good.

Leave a comment:

• NZ1
    replied

Thanks for your help guys. Its not as easy and straight forward as I had hoped. So, I started looking for a website builder and I found a programme called WYSIWYG Website Builder 5. Is almost identical to BV in every aspect and it does the page linking thing with a few clicks and it shows the pages and their links in a tree layout......it so simple!!

What I don't get is, why is BV so far behind in this area when this product is out there and looking identical........?

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Collectors-info
    replied

Originally posted by mumu View Post
    NZ1 click the LINK above, you will find an excellent explanation on how to do it posted by Collectors. Thanks Collectors!!
    Ah! Forgot that was there. LOL

Leave a comment:

• mumu
    replied

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
    Hi, its that time of year for bugs UK as well. I see naval has mentioned about a quicker way of doing this. So i made a quick page that might help. LINK See if this helps.
    NZ1 click the LINK above, you will find an excellent explanation on how to do it posted by Collectors. Thanks Collectors!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X