• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• navaldesign
    replied
    Re: Tell A Friend Script

Hbp, coralstar,

please get used to provide also links to your pages, otherwise it is quite hard that me or anyone else will loose time searching for your website / page.

Leave a comment:

• coralstar
    replied
    disappering taf replies

my taf form pops up fine but the sent confirmation notice does not, neither does the email go out... checked with different emails and they were not received.... please help, what am I doing wrong???
    THANKS!

Leave a comment:

• Hbp
    replied

when I submit the tell a friend form I get the spamerror page. I only use @ for the emails but it still give me the error massage. Can you please tell me why? I dont use http or www.

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Th epages i provided are BV pages, so the fields background color is set by you when customizing the page. If it changes between your BV page and the published (or previewed) page, it can probably be that you have the Google Autofill feature enabled. It changed the color of fields it recognizes to make you understand that these fields can be autofilled.
    If a visitor DOESN'T have this feature enabled, it will NOT change the colour.background

Leave a comment:

• Rhon
    replied

Navaldesign

Have just used your Tell A Friend Script, as posted 27feb06, with a Vodahost TAF button. All works fine with the exception of one field background colour issue. You’ll see what I’m referring to when you go to http://www.leopardlike.com/about.html and select the Email a Friend button. As the popup window opens, the Friend’s Email background colour changes. I’ve cut & pasted, set, saved, published, reset, resaved and republished numerous times to try and correct the errors. As a newbie, still cannot easily read/find the problem to correct in the source code. Can you assist?

Rhon

Leave a comment:

• mrmagoo144
    replied
    tell a friend

Hello Naval, can you tell me what i did wrong. with my "tell a friend". the link is:
    www.videopostcards.info/bellavita100.php
    when i hit the tell a friend button the image is not in the box. i have put the images in top left corner and here are the links:

http://www.videopostcards.info/TAFreturn.html
    http://www.videopostcards.info/TAFspamerror.html
    thanks again for your help
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Leave a comment:

• Collectors-info
    replied
    Re: Tell a friend about THIS page

Heres an alternative. LINK

Leave a comment:

• davidundalicia
    replied
    Re: Tell a friend about THIS page

If your talking about your own site
    why not put the script into an html box
    and then put it on all of the pages that you wish.....I think that would work.

Leave a comment:

• mikejust
    replied
    Tell a friend about THIS page

Hello,, I have implemented the TAF, tell a friend script that can be found at the following link,, provided by Navel.. thanks.. it works great!

Question is: can the code be modified to insert into the link the url of a specific page.. whatever page the user of the taf system is on.??
    It would be very nice for them to guide their friend to a specific page?

If so,,, is there an existing script??
    thanks.. mike

Leave a comment:

• DeStarMan
    replied

Thanks Alien Dude.
    That was the problem....It looked like the button was inside the form, but I tweaked the settings and BINGO....
    once again
    MANY THANKS.

Leave a comment:

• Alien Dude
    replied

Looks like your submit button is not the form area. make sure the button is fully on the the form grid.

Leave a comment:

• DeStarMan
    replied

Hi navaldesign,
    I downloaded the TAF script about amonth or so ago, did what I was instructed to do, tested it out on my website and it worked liked a dream!!!. Nice one!!!!!
    I recently finished my website with the 'mail a friend' buttons on all of my pages and now it doesn't work at all???. I can open the form when I click on the buttons, but when I try to send nothing happens. I don't even get error messages if I fill the form in incorrectly. All the files needed are in the folders where they are supposed to be, including the TAF.php file.
    This has really got me confused....I've checked everything so many times and uplaoded and published the files again but I just cannot figure it out.
    Please help.
    Thank you,
    Dave,
    DeStarman
    My homepage is www.destarman.com
    (It is Dutch but the 'mail a friend' button is easily recognisable)

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Only by opening and editing the TAF.php file.

Leave a comment:

• feyza
    replied

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
    Please post here the URL to your page with the TAF form. Are you sure you have uploaded all files, and given your email address in the script ?

Hey Naval Design,
    I did quite well with the "Tell a friend script"..BUT as my first language is Turkish I want to fix something in the form. As I send an e-mail it starts with "HI" and ends with "BYE"....I hope you see what I mean...Is it possible to fix it???

THANXXXX

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Please provide a link to your Tell a Friend button. I could not locate it in your site

Leave a comment:

Working...
X