• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feyza
    replied
    Re: Tell A Friend Script

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
    What do you mean "then went to tellafriend.php location " ? the script should only be accessed by the form, not directly. Please post here the URL of the tell a friend page so i can have a look.

Navaldesign,
    I just did what you wrote above step by step. The form seems to work properly but whenever fill the form and cliick on tell a friend ALWAYS ther's the error message...The e-mail's are right and everything. I dont know why...Plz give me an opinion...

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Originally posted by feyza View Post
    HEY NAVALDESIGN
    THANK YOU THATS REALLY GREAT BUT I CAN NOT FIND THE TAF.PHP IN THE ZIP :( WHERE IT IS?
    Sorry, but i don't have a solution for this. The TAF.php is included in the zip, i don't know why your's doesn't have it. I suggest that you download the zip again.

Leave a comment:

• feyza
    replied

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
    You do not have a script problem, you have a form problem. You have modified the "Tell a friend" button. It is no longer a submitbutton, but it has become a "On click" button, linked directly to the "thanku_tell.html" Page. The info is not evan submitted to the script, when you click on "Tell a friend" you go straight to the Thanktou page.

The same goes for the Reset button: it doesn't reset, you have also made it a "On click" button, with it's action set to refresh the page. It does reset, but because it reloads the page.

Also, both buttons are OUTSIDE the form area, this is why initially they didn't work, then you started touching here and there.

Also change the metatags; Page description, keywords, Author etc: they result to be still mine (as you have downloaded my original script and didn't edit these elements)
    Plese follow these steps:

1. open the page in Bv.
    2. stretch the form area towards the bottom of the page, enough to have the buttons inside the form.
    3. Copy the two buttons.
    4. Delete them
    5. Paste them using the Paste icon in the top toolbar (this way they will be pasted excactly in the same position).
    6. Double click on the Reset button, and edit it: make it "reset" instead of "On click"
    7. Do the same with the submit button, make it "Submit" instead of "On click"
    Save, Publish and try your form

HEY NAVALDESIGN
    THANK YOU THATS REALLY GREAT BUT I CAN NOT FIND THE TAF.PHP IN THE ZIP :( WHERE IT IS?

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Only open the pages with the .bvp extension. The others, which are php need to be uploaded on the site. Please follow the instructions included in the Word Tutorial included in the zip.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy68
    replied

Hi all,

I must be dumb. I downloaded The TAF file and found it in my computer. Now I go and try and open them in BV and all I get is a blank page with that box asking to open in new window or existing page, I can't figure out what to do am I missing something. I have spent the last 2 days trying this and I can not get anywhere.
    Please can someone help. I'm missing something, I just know it.

Best Regards

Chuck

Leave a comment:

• 1alvinnewton
    replied

Thank you,

By the way this script is Awsome!!!

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Originally posted by 1alvinnewton View Post
    The script works great!

However I cannot open up the ATF.PHP form page in BV, I had to upload itthrough FTP. The questio I have is when somebody puts in there name email and then there friends name and e-mail, how do I get that info? The whole pupose of haveing a form like that is to see who is submitting leads and captureing prospects? I would assume an email address needs to be put in the PHP page somewhere, and I do I do it?

I tested the form and it did send the email to the friends email adress, but where do I as the web designer get that info sent to me?
    The TAF script is NOT for you to collect email addresses, it is for site visitors to let some of their friends know about your website. So it only sends the email to the "friend".

Also, the TAF.php file is NOT intended for opening in BV (read the instructions) but only for uploading to the site. It is the php script that processes the mail request

Leave a comment:

• 1alvinnewton
    replied

The script works great!

However I cannot open up the ATF.PHP form page in BV, I had to upload itthrough FTP. The questio I have is when somebody puts in there name email and then there friends name and e-mail, how do I get that info? The whole pupose of haveing a form like that is to see who is submitting leads and captureing prospects? I would assume an email address needs to be put in the PHP page somewhere, and I do I do it?

I tested the form and it did send the email to the friends email adress, but where do I as the web designer get that info sent to me?

Leave a comment:

• sedona
    replied

Find the proper category for your question. At the top left you will see the new thread button.

If you are in the right category however if you look through the posts already there before posting you may well find the answer you seek.

Leave a comment:

• sbrown1211
    replied

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to open a new thread.

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Yes, she can download BV and then she will be able to open the pages. She might have to re-establish the path to the images.

Please open new threads about your issues, this thread (as any other existing) is for a a different subject.

Leave a comment:

• sbrown1211
    replied

Is there any way I can share my work so far with my sister in another state? I've tried copying the pages and emailing them to her but she can't open them. She was going to help me with the design and give suggestions. Does she have to download Blue Voda and if she does, can she then access my work so far? Thanks for your help,
    Sandi

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

To let spread the word about your website. An easy way to let more people know about your site.

Leave a comment:

• sbrown1211
    replied

What exactly is TAF used for? To notify people when your site is debuting? Thanks,
    Sandi

Leave a comment:

• adele1972
    replied

hi Navaldesign
    thanks for the script....works a treat!!!! :)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X