X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• navaldesign
    replied
    Re: Tell A Friend Script

Go on my site, on the example screen at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/TAFbuttons.php

Right click on the image you like, select "Save image as" from the menu that opens when you rig***lick, and save the image on your computer. Open your BV page, and give the correct image path.

Leave a comment:

• tyson
    replied

I got this to work, thanks. One problem. my buttons say "no image found" and they are white. They still work, but I need an image on my buttons. I even downloaded the taf files again. Ideas?

Leave a comment:

• AmaDee
    replied

Thanks, General. I just used this on my current project and it's working great. You're the man!

Leave a comment:

• sarah hk
    replied

Thanks for your help I followed all the steps except in the hidden fields of the form properties I cannot put my domian name in a link as your example show (underlined and highlighted) as below Is this why my button won't work?

Sarah

Leave a comment:

• fourreids
    replied

Well it seems it has the looks of a link but it does not open the link

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

place the http:// in front of www. ....... in the form hidden field

Leave a comment:

• fourreids
    replied

Hello I have followed all the directions to a tee and guess what it worked to a tee. The email was sent and recieved. However (the real reason I am here) when changing the script to my site www.reidsunlimiteddesigns.com the email to my friend is not a link. Is there a way to make it a link? It did not happen automatically then I tried to paste a linked text to the spot and still did not work.

Could someone help? Please
    fourreids

Leave a comment:

• aconstas1
    replied

OK that makes sense. I'll leave it the way you made it. Thanks Naval

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

This is intended. The name fields will accept up to 1 @symbol. This is because many users use usernames instead of their real names so a @ symbol should be allowed.

If you wish to disallow the @ symbol from the name fields, just open the file TAF.php and edit the two lines that make the @ count: instead of >1 make it >0 (for the name fields only)

Leave a comment:

• aconstas1
    replied

It's also happening on my site pages HERE.

It shouldn't matter that this is an add on domain right?

Leave a comment:

• aconstas1
    replied

I just put

steve@cnn.com

in all the fields, and it submitted just fine.

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

It seems to work ok. Please provide an example of values for the fileds that will not work ok.

Leave a comment:

• aconstas1
    replied

I can't seem to figure out why my form isn't working properly on a forum I put up. The TAF button is in the middle of the header on THIS PAGE.

The form pops up correctly
    If you fill it out correctly it works
    If you fill it out incorrectly it doesn't always bring up the TAFspamerror when it should.

Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Links can be reletive (only the file / page name) or absolute (including the path to the file / page) .

The "tell a friend button is linked to the form popup by this link:

#" onClick="window.open('TAFform.html', '','width=310,height=170'); return false;"

if you change it to

#" onClick="window.open('http://www.yoursite.com/TAFform.html', '','width=310,height=170'); return false;"

you will be able to publish / upload the script only in your public_html, and call it from any folder

Leave a comment:

• aconstas1
    replied

Originally posted by navaldesign
    if you change the links to absolute (including the path) in all pages, as well as in the form action, then you can only publish once and use it in all your folders.
    If i change the links to who and do what? Is there another thread explaining this? It sounds like something I should know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X