• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• navaldesign
    replied
    Re: Tell A Friend Script

Originally posted by aconstas1
    nevermind I figured out that you do have to publish them over, but they publish so fast that its not an inconvenience.

Great php script once again. Thanks Naval.
    As the sript is now, yes, you need to publish it in all folders.
    But, if you change the links to absolute (including the path) in all pages, as well as in the form action, then you can only publish once and use it in all your folders.

Leave a comment:

• aconstas1
    replied

nevermind I figured out that you do have to publish them over, but they publish so fast that its not an inconvenience.

Great php script once again. Thanks Naval.

Leave a comment:

• aconstas1
    replied

Do the TAF pages have to be published in each folder that contains a page with a TAF button for this to work?

I hope I explained myself. I want to use the TAF button on several pages. Do i need to FTP the php file and publish the other 3 pages in that same folder for that TAF button to work on that page?

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Technically it can be easily done. BUT, that would be considered spyware, and a violation of their privacy. The DON'T give you their email, you are stealing it.

Leave a comment:

• kesenator@gmail.com
    replied

Thanks it works beautifully. My next question. How can I save and then access the names and email address of of the people that have sent the forms? Somewhere there must be a floder or file?
    Thanks
    Kes

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Yes, it is easy. If you know some php.

Leave a comment:

• dougnez
    replied

Hi.. About the TAF.php "Tell A Friend" form...I'm gonna try placing this into my site this week... So...Is it possible to add several email send to addresses in the TAF.php form..i.e... Can it be customized easily?? Thanks for all the help... Doug

Leave a comment:

• MadMermaid
    replied

Thanx Naval
    I've changed my TAF to the new script, works well and looks good. Still no luck with Hotmail... must be a Hotmail thing as you said!!

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

The server sends the mail ANYWAY. It doesn't know the difference between Yahoo, hotmail or other. Probably a hotmail. . that issue. I also saw that there is no "Your email" field. Did you download the script long ago ? Some 5 days ago it has been updated, and a field "Youremail "added. Excactly because hotmail (and some others) are blocking emails if there is no sender email address. Could be the reason. If you have the old version, it would worth downloading the new one, which is also MUCH easier to install.

Leave a comment:

• MadMermaid
    replied

Hi Naval
    I have tried out my tell a friend on several computers now and it is all good when sent to somebody@server.com /co.nz etc. and it works fine with somebody@website.com but it will not send to somebody********.com (I havent checked yahoo mail). Either hotmails filters are killing the message or the script is not sending? Have I missed any mods to the mailer script?
    Please check out my tell a friend at the bottom of my homepage.
    Thanks in advance
    John

Leave a comment:

• Carl II
    replied

Hi you all,

I just uploaded Navals new TAF script to a website. It took me less then 20 minutes and it works great.
    Even if you are a beginner, don't be afraid to try this. It's realy easy.

Carl

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Script and thread updated.

Leave a comment:

• Carl II
    replied

Cool! Thanks. It's 22.45 overhere as well. I was pleasently surprised you were still answering questions.

Have a nice evening - what's left of it...

Carl

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Ok, i can't know why this doesn't work, without access to your site. Anyway, tomorrow morning (it is 22:40 here) i'll post a new script for the TAF. Just upload that on the server and you will be ok.

Leave a comment:

• Carl II
    replied

Wow Naval, you are going to fast :)
    So the script I installed SHOULD work, right?
    Well, it doesn't, so I must be doing something wrong.
    Could you please take a look at

It's a subdomain. I installed all (3) files in the same folder as the page is. But for some reason no result.

It's a dejavu BTW. I had the same problem a couple of months ago on a different website. Managed to get it work then, but can't remember how :(
    Your expert advice would be great!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X