X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• navaldesign
    replied
    Re: Tell A Friend Script

No, i mean that you don't need any more such a complicated script. It will work the same. Also, it is the only one that will work if your server requires SMTP authentication

Leave a comment:

• Carl II
    replied

Let's see if I get this right: you mean the script isn't working anymore? If that's true, I just waisted a day to get it working on a new website.... Please tell me that's not true and that I just did something wrong that can be fixed in a matter of seconds...
    Please.......

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

The tell a Friend Script described here is now obsolete as VH servers now allow direct functioning of the php mail() function. So, just treat it as a normal form. If you have dificulties, just contact me

Leave a comment:

• Machiavelli
    replied

It seems to be the same problem blnda84 was having

Leave a comment:

• Machiavelli
    replied

I have been trying to add this to one of my articles to test it.

I have followed all the steps.

On submitting the form it shows that it is trying to load the '/tellafriend.php' page, which I have uploaded to my 'public_html folder'

However it doesn't redirect to the 'returnpage.html' which I have set up.

It show 'Cannot find server' page. So I guess it's doesn't not locating the php file I uploaded, or failing to open the returnpage.

Any pointers?

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Thankyou Vasili,

Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year for you as well as for everyone in VodaLand!

Leave a comment:

• Vasili
    replied

Merry Christmas, General!

Just thought I'd let you know that I was thinking about you, and wished you the very best this Holiday Season and for the New Year.
    I will be in Tarpon Springs for Epifhany this year, and will remember you...

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Please post here the URL to your page with the TAF form. Are you sure you have uploaded all files, and given your email address in the script ?

Leave a comment:

• VMS
    replied

Hi Naval,

I got the same error of another site builder but you didn't post the fix last time.

I tried your site and it worked ok.

What's wrong? Is it a login problem? Am I supposed to use my cPanel login info or my email login info?

Many thanks in advance!

VMS

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to localhost:25 (Connection refused) in /home/seljtex/public_html/class.smtp.php on line 105
    Message was not sent
    Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: connect_host

Leave a comment:

• borisb
    replied

Hi,
    My name is Boris from Slovenia, Europe. I am new in Blue Voda. First want to say Hi to everyone. Can somebody help me how to activete tell a friend emails. I dont know how to put telafirend.php to server. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

I'm afraid not. The script makes use of the php mailer class, so it should work with ANY email address. If you still have problems, please let me know and i will eventually provide you with another script.

Leave a comment:

• MadMermaid
    replied

Thanks Naval for the quick reply... I had not scrolled down to find the returnpage!!! All works fine now Thank you.
    Just one thing (why I said it did not work) When I sent message using my web e-mail it worked fine but when I sent it to my hotmail it did not. Any ideas?
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

I have tried your Tell a Friend and it WORKS. It DOES send the mail. So, i suppose that the problem is that it doesn't find the
    "returnpage" and it gives you the error message. if you get a better look at the script, you will see that at the end, there is a line like

header("Location: returnpage.html"); // returnpage is the same page of the form or another of your choice.

You need to change the returnpage.html with the actual name of the page where the visitor will get redirected after he has used the TAF script.

Leave a comment:

• MadMermaid
    replied

PS to last post... Just tried it with unaltered form html and it still does not work.

Leave a comment:

• MadMermaid
    replied

Hi Naval
    I have had a go with your tell a friend script. I might have messed up the form? Anyway I can't get it to work.. I changed the tellafriend.php adding my user and pass, uploaded the three php files to my public directory and puplished the tell_a_friend1.html. When I press the send button I get a 404 on the tellafriend.php
    Any ideas what I have done wrong?
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X