Clear All

Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Thank You Naval
    www.amazing-trades.com/contactform.html

Comment

Hi naval...
      Problem again...
      I set up the form,(properties abvfp), I checked the fields values and name, the error page , the thank you page etc...and when I try to use the form..If it is incomplete .error page back to the form...
      When I filled all the fields...and validate

then...abvfp.php cannot be found...
      I read and re-read and re-re-read the tutorials...

I don't understand...I uploaded abvfp ...

I have another question How to make a check box and list or combo box field Required.

Thank you

Comment

It is not the abvfp.php that cannot be found. The script is loaded, and it works. It even sent me the autoresponder message when i tested it. But, after submission, looks for your thankyou page (which you have called "action.html" and no such page exists on your site, that's why you get this message.

The checkbox, as well as the combobox, become required as all the others: by setting the extension -R in their name. I would suggest -RA or -RB for security reasons.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

avpfp.php not found error

I have corrected everything I could find wrong on the adadmin page, saved, published, logged in on-line and generated. Got the avpvp.php not found message. Went back and checked all my page names. I never dreamed I would spend this many days to create the simple task of generating a form to obtain an opt-in list for users who want my newsletter.

Does anyone know of any pre-made templates for this? This has gotten beyond ridiculous.

Any ideas are welcome.

Comment

Ken, you have left the hidden field "ndpage" value as "contactform", but in the admin page you have declared the form as "contactus". It can never work this way.

Please edit your form hidden field in "contactus" and it will be ok.

You have mail explaining in more details.

However, ABVFP is a generic form processor, if you need a signup for the newsletter form, you need to use a specific script. It must not only allow signup, but it must also provide administration: storing and retreiving the info from a database, mass emailing (sending the newsletter), editing the members details, etc. Click on http://www.google.it/search?sourceid...+signup+script . Attention: there are also ASP versions among them, THEY WILL NOT WORK ON VH.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you again Naval,
              but still have a little problem
              You said...

"The checkbox, as well as the combobox, become required as all the others: by setting the extension -R in their name. I would suggest -RA or -RB for security reasons."

I set the extension for the combo box and the check box
              as essai-RA
              and trouvé-RA
              I went back to ndadmin.php ...and generate configuration File

But apparently it's not working.

Comment

You receive an "Illegal form submission because you have forgotten to edit your form url: it results: " http://www.yourdomain.com/contactform.html" whilst it should be " http://www.amazing-trades.com/contactform.html"

You DON'T need to run the ndadmin.php again everytime you change something in the field names or extensions.
                Navaldesign

Comment

I made the change that Navaldesign suggested and it worked fine. When I tested it, I found there were some typos in the confirmation email the auto-responder sent. I corrected those in ndadmin, re-published, logged in to ndadmin.php and hit the generate button. I received the error page form with the error: illegal form submission. I went back over everything I could think of, including the instructions, and cannot figure why it gave me that error. All I did after it was working fine was fix some typos in the text areas of the autoresponder.

Any ideas?

Thanx

Comment

After posting the previous message, I noticed the prior from Navaldesign addressing the same issue to someone else. I am a bit confused where you mention that the form url needs to be changed if you made the changes the way I did. I don't know where that change needs to be made. I looked at everything I could think of, what did I miss?

Comment

Ken, your form is perfectly working, i just tested it. I also received the autoresponder message. I tested it on both your sites.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Re: Reply

Navaldesign, thank you for the quick reply. The form does work but the changes I made never were generated. So I guess the real question is if I intiate changes in BV to ndadmin, how do I get it apply?

Thanx

Comment

ndadmin MUST NOT BE EDITED IN BV. The only editing of this page in BV is required when you change the login username. Once you've done this, and published, you don't touch this page anymore, you just use it.
                          You simply visit the page with your browser, make the changes in the ndadmin fields, and click on Generate. Ofcourse, all this, AFTER you have logged in. If you don't login first, NO CHANGES will be applied, as the ndadmin form will do NOTHING at all.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

After posting my last, I saw your reply (I don't know why I am not seeing that until after I post, but ...) look at the email "From" field, the page break symbol <BR> in the thank you line, and the spelling of newsletters. That is what I am trying to fix. Sorry to make a big deal of this, but I do want things to look perfect.

Comment

This is a bug on my side. To avoid the <BR> simply make sure that your mail header and footer, as well as the autoresponder header and footer, are all one line, not multiple lines.

To see the posts in time, refresh the page every while (press F5)
                              Navaldesign

Comment

I agree with your last, I should not have edited it in BV. I went back to check if my login was correct in NDADMIN via HTML view and it is correct. I do login when I access the page, but still have this problem. I never saw any confirmation that my login worked, so I tried entering an incorrect login and the page still looks the same. If I need to start from scratch, I will, but if there is an alternative, I would certainly prefer to do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X