• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scribbler59
    Sergeant

• Nov 2006

Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

Hi Navaldesign,

First, a Big note of THANKS! I really struggled through getting a form done on my website, but thanks to you, I was able to manage without throwing my computer out the window. Your tutorial on Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor was Very helpful!

I've still got a couple of minor glitches, some which I know I can figure out. But, I can't manage to figure out:

1. The checkbox at the bottom of my form is supposed to be a Required field. I cannot get it to register as such -- even though I've included a "-R" in the Checkbox Properties "name".

2. I was expecting to have my Page Source info hidden -- which is not the case. Did I forget to do something?

Again, thank you and Bravo on a fabulous tutorial.

Cheers,
    Scribbler
    Scribbler59
    Alias: Corinne
    www.projectgreatestgift.com

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

The check box, by DEFINITION, cannot be a required field, when a generic form processor is used. Let me explain: when you submit a form, only the fields which are filled in or at least have deafult values, are being actually submitted. If the checkbox is not checked, it is not even being submitted, so the script finds nothing to check. Such a script only can validate what it receives.
      This type of validation can be done only with a specific script, which would already include in the code the names of the fields it must validate, so if the check box is not checked and it's value not submitted, the script knows that it has been left empty. Try changing the checkbox with two radio buttons, belonging ofcourse to the same group, one of which will have a default value.

However, if you wish, post here the form URL and i will prepare a specific script for your form.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Scribbler59
        Sergeant

• Nov 2006

Naval,

Thanks very much for taking the time to explain the problem with what I did/expected. (Unfortunately) it now makes sense.

However, I'd prefer not to use two radio buttons. I think the reason will become evident once you see the page. It's so good of you to offer to help write a script for my form. I'm going to take you up on your kindness.

There's only one checkbox (at the bottom of the page) so it should be clear.

The URL is http://www.projectgreatestgift.com/contactform.php

Many, many thanks for whatever you can do!
        Scribbler59

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Ok, i'll send you a customized version of abvfp.php in the next 10 minutes. Please upload the new script on your site replacing the original.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Please do the following:

1. Give your checkbox the value "Yes". At the moment it is empty.
            2. Publish your form page as html and not php as you have done.

Try it, then if it doesn't work, let me know.
            Navaldesign

Comment

• sunset56
              Sergeant

• Oct 2006

Hi Naval,

I uploaded all the ABVFP files to my addon domain, to allow me to finish my website and test it out. I followed instructions as usual but I am getting "illegal form submission" when I test the form. Here is the url:

I am going to go back and retrace everything to see if I can figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Monty Winters

Comment

• Scribbler59
                Sergeant

• Nov 2006

Hi Naval,

Just wanted to publicly thank you for all your help.

My form now works to my satisfaction ONLY because of you!

Cheers,
                Scribbler59

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Hi Monty,

this is because thr URL of the form is missing the www, whilst in the confuguration file you have included it. Just visit http://www.yes-one.org/retirement.html and the form will work. Also please add to your email field name, the extension -e, that is make it Email-e
                  Navaldesign

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by Scribbler59
                    Hi Naval,

Just wanted to publicly thank you for all your help.

My form now works to my satisfaction ONLY because of you!

Cheers,
                    You are very welcome, thankyou.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

• bitznbats
                      Sergeant Major

• May 2006

Ok it's me again, I know I'm a pain in the butt, I have got to the stage where you have to go onto http://yourdomain.com/ndadmin.php and it's not there. What the hell do I do wrong???

I just get the stupid page not found bit. Any Ideas?

Oops wait I lied I found it sorry!!!
                      www.silver-maple.ca Lakeside camping in beautiful Northern Ontario

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Bitznbats,

Also, please note that your form, in your booking page, has the following problems:
                        1. There is no action defined, so it will do nothing
                        2. All the fields have the default names that BV is giving.
                        3. If you intend to process this form with ABVFP, you need to add the hidden field as per instructions.

Ofcourse, you need to run the ndadmin.php. It is there, in the link i gave you.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

• bitznbats
                          Sergeant Major

• May 2006

OMG it worked and I did it all by myself!!! (well all credit for the design goes to Navel - you are awesome man!!) but i installed it and altered it and it worked!!! I am shocked if I can do it ANYONE can do it!!!

Navel you Rock!!!!!

Originally posted by navaldesign
                          Bitznbats,

Also, please note that your form, in your booking page, has the following problems:
                          1. There is no action defined, so it will do nothing
                          2. All the fields have the default names that BV is giving.
                          3. If you intend to process this form with ABVFP, you need to add the hidden field as per instructions.

Ofcourse, you need to run the ndadmin.php. It is there, in the link i gave you.
                          Ok I didn't understand that bit in bold so I don't think I did it but hell it works anyway (was that important???? I get the emails does it matter????)
                          www.silver-maple.ca Lakeside camping in beautiful Northern Ontario

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

You are very welcome bitznbats, thankyou. Please change the extensions in your field names in UPPERCASE f.e. -RA, -RN, with the exception of the email field, which needs to be -Re e lowercase.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

• Ram_Industries
                              First Lieutenant

• Dec 2005

Thank you NAVAL!!!

Pretty much what I was going to try and do, but you have done such a great job here, I will use this tutorial to create one on the Martech Inc website.

Just one question:

Can this be set up using 2 e-mails?

Still playing with the bi-directional forms so 1 form goes to 2 e-mail accounts. If this form is capable of sending to 2 e-mail accounts please let me know how to set that up. If not I will have to figure a way to handle the forms.

Ram_Industries
                              Robert Montgomery
                              Ram-Industries@comcast.net
                              Ram_Industries
                              Robert A. Montgomery
                              Ram-Industries@comcast.net
                              http://Martech-Inc.biz

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

It is possible, though it was not in the original planning. Since it was not scheduled in the original project , it requires a small modification on the code. The second email will be included directly in the code. Please use my form to send me your email address and i will email you a customized version of ABVFP to upload in place of the original one.
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X