Wrong thread area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong thread area

I know your not supposed to make multiple threads but I was told to post here.
    The problem I,m having is this when you go to my order page of my site, supply your e-mail address, write a little note and then submit the letter a message comes up saying that the e-mail will not be encrypted or something like that and then the e-mail address you supplied is where you end up and not leaving a sent message to my web mail (Horde and Outlook Exp.). Isn't It supposed to be sent to me and not directed to their own e-mail service? Check it out and see what happens http://lightningcycles.ca order page. Hope someone knows what to do here. I'm sure it's something simple. Thanks ken

Re: Wrong thread area

The issue is well known. You are using the mailto: to process the info in your form. Please read the following:

Important Note:

Although the above multimedia tutorial mentions the use of the "mailto:" as form action, WE DO NOT RECOMMEND this type of processing of the form info.
    This is because this method, depending on your email client (Outlook Express or other) settings, MAY FAIL to process the info and send the email. We recommend the use of a PHP script instead.

This is part of this thread: BlueVoda Form Tutorial 1, which i reccomend that you read. Then, you can either use the script described in that tutorial, or the new Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor which does not require any hand scripting at all.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X