Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password protection

Hello
    I recently applied an excellent form into my site and all is working fine. One thing I forgot to ask navel about is a password to protect my customers and my self from any unwanted visitors. I'm sure it can be done with a few simple steps but I thought I would check this forum to save time and hair. thanks kenb

Re: Password protection

There are different ways to password protect an area of your site.
    The simplest is to have an entire folder pass protected through your control panel, and place all the protected content in that folder. The second one is to have a user login script. The visitor must login before he can go on.
    This is not such easy to do, as it requires:
    1. A form for registering
    2. A database (or a file on your site) where all passwords and usernames will be stored, together with the additional info you require them to provide.
    3. A script that will check the user's requested password and username to see if they are registered or not. This script will asign them a session id if it sees that they are already registered, otherwise it will either redirect them to the registration page, or to a page that will inform them to get in contact with you (if you don't want to have an automatic registration)
    This one must be implemented in all your protected pages, that need then to be published as php (in order for the script to be able to work).
    5. An administrator interface that will alow you to manage user details: manualyy add, or modify or delete users

That's a project i have in mind to build shortly, in a non commercial version, but is ts not that simple, it requires a lot of work.

Stay tuned.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

WOW Navel that sounds like some major computing but what a great option to have on my site. I would love to be the Ginny Pig for that project as these are some of the elements I will need for my customers when ordering items off my site. Please let me know when your ready to try out the program as I am very interested in all of those options mentioned in your post. kenb

Comment

Shortly Ken, shortly
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X