Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to access ndadmin.php from webpage

Hi:
    Hate to keep asking so many questions, but I followed your Advanced BVF Processor and can't seem to bring up the ndadmin.php from my web address:

I get the 404 page not found error
    I went into the server and found ndadmin.html but no file called ndadmin. php extension. YOur instructions say that after I assign a username to this file which I did, then, save and publish, ABVFP will save it as a php extension. This did not happen. I looked for it on the server and can't find it. I went back into ndadmin.bv and saved it as a php file, uploaded it and still I got the same, page not found error message. Can someone take a look and tell where it is on under public.html, I don't even see it.
    Thnks,
    Dween Bean

Re: Not able to access ndadmin.php from webpage

Dweenbean:
    if you published ndadmin and it appeared as ndadmin.html
    this means that it was not published as a php file.

Open ndadmin.bvp in BV and click anywhere outside the page
    to fetch up the page properties box.....
    left hand side and down a little you should see
    file extension....make sure that this says php, save and then PUBLISH
    to your website.....do not use the ftp program....publish it and it will appear on your website as ndadmin.php.

have fun
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks David, your suggestions worked. I'm at the very last stages of this tutorial. There was mention of uploading abvfp software to public.html directory. Could you tell me what file/s if any I need to add to the server.
      My username is: epguacom
      My password is on file.
      Thanks,
      Dween

Comment

Originally posted by Dween Bean
        Thanks David, your suggestions worked. I'm at the very last stages of this tutorial. There was mention of uploading abvfp software to public.html directory. Could you tell me what file/s if any I need to add to the server.
        My username is: epguacom
        My password is on file.
        Thanks,
        Dween
        As I read more of the tutorial, I went ahead and uploaded abvfp.php to the public_html folder. and created the upload folder and set the permission at 777. Will data from the form and images all be found under upload folder.? Haven't actually run a test yet. IF I need to look elsewhere for the data, let me know. Again, thanks for your help.

Comment

You need to upload the abvfp.php and the ndadmin1.php files directly to the server, using BlueFTP. The other files, the ones that came in .bvp format, must be opened in BV, saved (I know, they already are saved, but save then again directly from BV) and then published.

Only the ndadmin.bvp page, the one you had problems, needs to have your desired username inserted as per tutorial instructions, before saved and published. After you have everything going, you can afford some time customizing the thankyou_page and the errorpage.

Remember: the errorpage must also be published as php, so set the correct extension if it is not there already.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by Dween Bean
            As I read more of the tutorial, I went ahead and uploaded abvfp.php to the public_html folder. and created the upload folder and set the permission at 777. Will data from the form and images all be found under upload folder.? Haven't actually run a test yet. IF I need to look elsewhere for the data, let me know. Again, thanks for your help.
            Only the files that your visitors upload. The rest of your info will be simply in the email that you will receive.

Remember also that before the script actually works, after you have published and uploaded all necessary files, you need to run the ndadmin.php page, by typing in your browser: www.yoursite.com/ndadmin.php. Just go on and fill in the form fields, as required, and click on "Generate configuration file". At this point, if everything is setup correctly, your form and script will work perfectly.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
              Only the files that your visitors upload. The rest of your info will be simply in the email that you will receive.

Remember also that before the script actually works, after you have published and uploaded all necessary files, you need to run the ndadmin.php page, by typing in your browser: www.yoursite.com/ndadmin.php. Just go on and fill in the form fields, as required, and click on "Generate configuration file". At this point, if everything is setup correctly, your form and script will work perfectly.
              Hi Naval:
              Was able to access ndadmin.php and logged in and created a generate config. file. I did change the file size maxium to 20 Mb as I need higher resolution files for the work I do. Is there something in the abvfp script that I need to change? The config file is in my public_html folder. I created a custom thankyou_page and it's also published along with your generic error_page. On the server I have the following files:abvfp.php, config_uploadform.php, errorpage.php ndadmin.php, ndadmin1.php, ndadmin.html, ndamdinconfirm.html, thankyou_page.html, and my form page which I named: uploadform.html
              I went to test it and got an error message: Illegal form submission.
              Could you take a look at my server files: username: epguacom and tell me what I need to change.
              My webpage in question is: www.epgusa.com/uploadform.html
              Thanks,
              Dween

Comment

Yes, the problem is that you have mistaken the form URL when creating the config. file. You have typed in: http://www.upgusa.com/uploadform.html u instead of e. The script performs a referer check. It sees that the info has NOT been submitted from http://www.epgusa.com/uploadform.html but from http://www.upgusa.com/uploadform/html so it refuses to process the info and gives you that "Illegal Submission" message (indeed, it is illegal for the script).
                Repeat the procedure of creating the configuration file
                Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                  Yes, the problem is that you have mistaken the form URL when creating the config. file. You have typed in: http://www.upgusa.com/uploadform.html u instead of e. The script performs a referer check. It sees that the info has NOT been submitted from http://www.epgusa.com/uploadform.html but from http://www.upgusa.com/uploadform/html so it refuses to process the info and gives you that "Illegal Submission" message (indeed, it is illegal for the script).
                  Repeat the procedure of creating the configuration file
                  Hi Naval:
                  You are right, one little letter off makes all the difference. I redid the config file and now it WORKS!!!!!! Thanks for all your help. It took me 3 days to do this as I kept looking at layout options, payment options, etc.
                  Last thing, is there a way to show a progression bar when files are being uploaded?
                  I want folks to be able to tell how far along the upload is, in that what they will send byte wise is 2 Mb and greater.
                  Thnks again,
                  Dween

Comment

Last post in http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/for...ction-php.html
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                    X