• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KP123
    Master Sergeant

• Jul 2006

What does this message mean?

HELP PLEASE!!!

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/oqdaspqv/public_html/process123.php on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/oqdaspqv/public_html/process123.php on line 2

When I hit the submit button this is what comes up on the error page. Website is www.jcconcretedesigns.com

I have the process123.php uploaded and an error page exists.

Can anyone explain what I have done wrong please??? I thought I had the forms sussed out but maybe not!!

Thanks
    kp
    kp

www.pooleyenterprises.com
  • Aliens Anonymous
    Special Status

• Jan 2006

Re: What does this message mean?

Originally posted by KP123
    HELP PLEASE!!!

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/oqdaspqv/public_html/process123.php on line 2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/oqdaspqv/public_html/process123.php on line 2

When I hit the submit button this is what comes up on the error page. Website is www.jcconcretedesigns.com

I have the process123.php uploaded and an error page exists.

Can anyone explain what I have done wrong please??? I thought I had the forms sussed out but maybe not!!

Thanks
    kp
    open the file process123.php
    the first three lines of navals script should read.
    <?php
    $name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['name'];
    $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'];
    you have changed or added something to these lines you will need to find and correct it.

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Well, this is the general script as modified by Andy128. Probably there is something missing. Please post here the excact script as you have it uploaded.

Or, use the new Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• KP123
        Master Sergeant

• Jul 2006

The script is
        <?php
        $comments = $HTTP_POST_VARS['comments'];
        if (strlen($name) == 0)
        {
        echo "It appears that you have forgot to fill in your name in the Name field. Please use the Back Button to return to the form and enter your name. Thank you!";
        exit;
        }
        if (strlen($name) >=30)
        {
        echo "The length limit for the Name field cannot exceed 30 characters / spaces. Please use the Back Button to return to the form and shorten this entry. Thank you!";
        exit;
        }
        if (strlen($email) == 0)
        {
        echo "The E-mail field is a required entry. Please use the Back Button to return to the form and enter a contact E-mail address. Thank you!";
        exit;
        }
        if (strlen($email) >= 45)
        {
        echo "The length limit for the E-Mail field cannot exceed 45 characters / spaces. Please use the Back Button to return to the form and shorten this entry. Thank you!";
        exit;
        }
        if (! ereg('[A-Za-z0-9_-]+\@[A-Za-z0-9_-]+\.[A-Za-z0-9_-]+', $email))
        {
        echo "I believe that there is an error in the way you entered your E-mail address. Please check your entry and re-submit. Thank you!";
        exit;
        }
        if (strlen($comments) >= 300)
        {
        echo "The comments area is limited to 300 characters / spaces. It appears that you have exceeded that limit. Please use the back button to return to the form and shorten this entry.Thank you!";
        exit;
        }
        if (substr_count($comments , '@') > "2")
        {
        echo "For security reasons this text (comments) area limits the number of @ symbols that can appear within it. It would appear that you have exceeded that number. Please use the Back Button to return to the form and correct this. Thank you for your patience!";
        exit;
        }
        //SEND MAIL
        $mailto = info@jcconcretedesigns.com;
        $mailsubj = "Contact form from website";
        $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
        reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
        $mailbody = "Submission from:\n";
        while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
        {
        $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
        }
        mail($mailto,$mailsubj,$mailbody,$mailhead);
        echo "Thank you for visiting our site and filling out our form. We will get back to you very soon!";
        ?>

I looked at the advanced blue voda forms and I found it confusing! Sorry!

Thanks for your help
        kp

Comment

• Andy128
          Major General

• Dec 2005

The tutorial gave a mock form that had three elements- name, email, and comments. Your form has additional elements;
          telephone
          How did you hear about us
          Reason for contacting us

So I would do a couple things here. First- change the element name
          "How did you hear about us" to a simple name like- "referred_by".
          And change the name of "Reason for contacting us" to "contact_reason".
          The reason is that it is simple and adheres to programing rules of having two words joined by and underscore.

Second- I would declare the additional variables like so:
          $telephone = $HTTP_POST_VARS['telephone'];
          $referred_by = $HTTP_POST_VARS['referred_by'];
          $contact_reason = $HTTP_POST_VARS['contact_us'];

Give this a try. I can see nothing in the script itself that might cause the error other than what is mentioned above.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• KP123
            Master Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Hi Andy

I updated like you said and it still gives me the same error message.

Script is now:
            <?php
            $telephone = $HTTP_POST_VARS['telephone'];
            $referred_by = $HTTP_POST_VARS['referred_by'];
            $contact_reason = $HTTP_POST_VARS['contact_us'];
            if (strlen($name) == 0)
            {
            echo "It appears that you have forgot to fill in your name in the Name field. Please use the Back Button to return to the form and enter your name. Thank you!";
            exit;
            }
            if (strlen($name) >=30)
            {
            echo "The length limit for the Name field cannot exceed 30 characters / spaces. Please use the Back Button to return to the form and shorten this entry. Thank you!";
            exit;
            }
            if (strlen($email) == 0)
            {
            echo "The E-mail field is a required entry. Please use the Back Button to return to the form and enter a contact E-mail address. Thank you!";
            exit;
            }
            if (strlen($email) >= 45)
            {
            echo "The length limit for the E-Mail field cannot exceed 45 characters / spaces. Please use the Back Button to return to the form and shorten this entry. Thank you!";
            exit;
            }
            if (! ereg('[A-Za-z0-9_-]+\@[A-Za-z0-9_-]+\.[A-Za-z0-9_-]+', $email))
            {
            echo "I believe that there is an error in the way you entered your E-mail address. Please check your entry and re-submit. Thank you!";
            exit;
            }
            if (strlen($comments) >= 300)
            {
            echo "The comments area is limited to 300 characters / spaces. It appears that you have exceeded that limit. Please use the back button to return to the form and shorten this entry.Thank you!";
            exit;
            }
            if (substr_count($comments , '@') > "2")
            {
            echo "For security reasons this text (comments) area limits the number of @ symbols that can appear within it. It would appear that you have exceeded that number. Please use the Back Button to return to the form and correct this. Thank you for your patience!";
            exit;
            }
            //SEND MAIL
            $mailto = "info@jcconcretedesigns.com";
            $mailsubj = "Contact form from website";
            $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
            reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
            $mailbody = "Submission from:\n";
            while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
            {
            $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
            }
            mail($mailto,$mailsubj,$mailbody,$mailhead);
            echo "Thank you for visiting our site and filling out our form. We will get back to you very soon!";
            ?>

I have the error page saved as a php file - is that right?
            The script above is in the html box on the error page and is saved as process123php - both of which are published.

This all worked with my first website and yet I am struggling with this one!!
            kp

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Your script is correct and works great for me (i tested it). So the problem has probably to do with how you have uploaded it. Did you upload it as a standalone script (which is the correct), or did you paste it in some page ?
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• KP123
                Master Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Hi

I saved it as a stand alone in notepad as process123.php

I then pasted it onto the error page in the html box.

I did this on the first web site and it worked before!!
                kp

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Please upload it as standalone file, using blueFTP. Paste the code in Notepad (the code is correct), go to Save as, Choose File Type All files, save it as process123.php. Then use BlueFTP to upload it on the server.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

• KP123
                    Master Sergeant

• Jul 2006

I did this already.

When I go to FTP I can see the file there.

Is the script supossed to be pasted on the error page in an html box?
                    kp

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

No, it is a standalone. If you want, use myform to send me your login details (as well as the url of the form). I will sort it out for you in the morning (it's 22:50 here, need some rest)

Or i can install ABVFP for you, that will process any form for you
                      Navaldesign

Comment

• Andy128
                        Major General

• Dec 2005

Actually- it is designed to be pasted in an error page created with bv. In the instructions, opening an html box and pasting it is the correct procedure.

The error page is called process123 and saved with a php extension.

Sometime it is best to s**** the page and re-create. Sorry to say. But something got messed up somewhere.

Give that a try and lets see what happens. It has worked in the past and should work now.

Andy
                        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• Aliens Anonymous
                          Special Status

• Jan 2006

Andy worked for me i designed my own page and pasted into a html and works fine.

Comment

• Andy128
                            Major General

• Dec 2005

I have a feeling some extraneous type got caught up in the cut/paste or something. Perhaps the re-do of the page will met it out. Thanks Alien for running the test.

Cheers and have a great day.

Andy
                            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                            X