• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • webdiva
    Private

• Oct 2006

Multiple info required of form-how to do

Okay, I want a form that my visitor may fill out giving me a set of variables that will result in an answer based on the checked variables.
    In English=I want to have my visitor check boxes next to descriptions of a person that they are trying to buy a gift for. Based on which descriptions they choose, I want to display an answer for gift ideas.

Is this possible and
    could I please twist an arm or two to have it built for me?
    Julia
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Multiple info required of form-how to do

What you ask for is possible but you need to
    1. Explain the logic of the selection. I mean that you need to set the logical procedure that you follow in order to suggest a gift.
    2. Have someone build a custom made script for you, that uppon submission will make this logical selection, and then redirect to the suggestion page, with the suggested gift presented in that page.

There are different ways of accomplishing this, depending on the logical procedure, the number of products (the gifts) that you will have and other factors. In a simple case, if you only have a few items, it can be done with simple html pages for the gift presentation, but if you have a large number of products and multiple criteria, you might need a database driven script.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• webdiva
      Private

• Oct 2006

Actually, I will have 3 sets of questions, each set should have a redirect to a page based on which answers in that set have been checked.
      Example: If the visitor picks answer describing their gift recipient as (a) adult, (b) outdoor type, (c) small fella, they will be directed to a page that we have set up for "matching" gift suggestions.
      A different page will be linked for (a) teen, (b) outdoor type, (c) big fella.
      The overall amount of suggesion page links may be no more than nine.
      The pages would have hyperlinked words that will take the visitor to affiliate site pages.
      On another note, you said "have someone build a custom made script"--where can I find this person? In VodaBids? How much should I consider as a bid for this job?
      Thanks,
      Julia

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

If you wish contact me through myform, this is not an issue for the forum.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• davidundalicia
          General

• Mar 2006

A 3 tier dropdown box system should be able to resolve your problem......
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
          X