Form background color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form background color

Is it possible to have a gradient background on a form? It's not listed as an option but I thought that there might be a "work-around"?
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Re: Form background color

The work around would be to create an image in -lets say.... paint.net, that has the color and gradient you like. Make the picture the approx size as the form. Then in the form properties- select that picture as a background.

Cheers,

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thank you.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Or, create a rectangle, make the fill gradient, and place it UNDER the form.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Another great idea! Which would have the smallest file size?
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

BV renders the rectangle as image. A gadient image has more or less the same size whether created inside or outside BV. If this is a small one, there is a trick: create a small rectangle, proportional to your form dimensions. If your form is, say, 400W X 600 H pixels, create a rectangle of 1x600 (if the gradient is vertical, otherwise 400x1 if the gradient is horizontal) . Fill it in with the gradient. Preview the page. Place your mouse over the image, right click, and select "Save image". Save it in your BV folder, with a name like "form_background.jpg".
            Go back in the form page in BV. Import the image, and make it same size as your form. Delete the rectangle and place the image behind the form.

This way, you are using a small size image, enlarging it directly in the browser. This will give you the best loading time.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Will this work? I created the gradient in PSCS (1X600px) and used "Save for the Web" function. This makes the image 1KB. I then import that image into BV and "stretch" it to fit the form area. By doing so is the image still only 1KB even though it is 600X larger???????
              Thanks, this is a big help in my graphics.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Working...
              X