Form & email help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form & email help

I finally got my forms to work properly...I think. It is no longer just connecting to an email form, it is submitting my forms. Now I've got 2 questions.
    1.) After I submitted a test form I did not receive it in my CP email box.
    I also tried to send a regular message to my CP email, but I did not receive it.
    2.) In order to get my form to go through I had to save it as "action". I have 2 other forms on my website. So how do I save those?
    Thanks!

Re: Form & email help

1. - 2. If you are not receiving normal emails in the email address used for the form submission, then it could be an email and not a form script issue.
    If your email address doesn't work, delete it and recreate it in CP.

2. The name of the action script is not important. The important thing to understand is that the name used for the script page, must be the same as your form "action". You can name it "action1.php" or whatever else you want, but the action of your form has to be set accordingly "action1.php" or whatever else you have saved the script as.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I have similar issue with my form. From customer pt of view the form seems to submit, an autorespond message gets to them too, but the customer data inputted on the form does not make it to my outlook box, only my autorespond message, along with "order submission recognition" and an error message that says: Mail Failure: no recipient address....

I've checked all over for this " recipient address" field and can't find anything missing....

Action page properties look ok too, any suggestions?

Kristine

Comment

Two actions to be taken here:

1. Have a look at the failure message: see if the email address is actually correct or not. It might have just been a typo while filling your email address in your script.

2. Send an email from another (or even the same) email address to the email address that you are using in your form script. See if you receive it. So you can verify if it is a form script problem or an email problem.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

This issue with SUBMIT button has resurfaced. I've contacted voda support and did the following.

Rebuilt page
          changed html
          deleted from cpanel
          save new document erased the old

same issue.... It worked once for about a month and I haven't had time to deal with the issue that has already taken up 3 work days to work on...

HELP!!

Is there html to put on the "inside tag"--- that is the only difference I can see on my New Built page, and since I deleted the old one I cannont copy the html that was there....

Geeezzzz...

Comment

The php code is included in the Forms tutorial. Copy it from there, paste it in your page, and of course, change the email address to be yours. Save and publish as php page.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X