• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Magwhite
    Corporal

• Oct 2006

Printing a form

Hi, How do I print a form using a "Print" button to activate the printer. I read the forum but only found information on printing using Adobe and MS Word. Thanks. ID#: 11112.
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Printing a form

Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Magwhite
      Corporal

• Oct 2006

Ok, thanks but I copied the script into the "Inside body tag" of the BV page that I want to print but it's not woking. I am using Advanced Buttons to activate the printing. "Button type" is OnClick and the "OnClick Action" is Execute Java Script function. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

• Magwhite
        Corporal

• Oct 2006

Ok, I did some troubleshooting and finally got it to work but not the way I was instructed. Seems that the BV template somehow prevented the "Print this page" button from being visible when the page is previewed or published. Also the recommended method only allows the print button to be placed on the upper left hand corner of the page. To make things work for me, I simply inserted a HTML object and pasted the script into the "HTML Properties". After that I positioned the print button (the HTML object) where I wanted it on the page. This did it. Hope others will benefit from this tip.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

This script is complete of button, so it was normal that you should have pated it in a html box, which automatically places it in the Inside Body.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Rob (SA)
            Lieutenant Colonel

• Nov 2006

Hi George,

The HTML tip is a good one as most folk are unaware that this is the best way to get the script to work. Trial and error takes forever - ask soemone who has been there recently.

Question:

If this script for the print button works so effectivelly and send s data to the printer as it is veiwed, is it not possible to create a script that would do exactly the same but instead of sending to the printer ,send to an email address for veiwing and / or printing by the recipiant?

I look forward to your reply
            Kind Regards
            Rob
            www.gnjgf.co.za
            www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Yes, it is quite possible.
              Navaldesign

Comment

• Rob (SA)
                Lieutenant Colonel

• Nov 2006

Thnaks George for the reply.

Is there a place you would recommend on the web where a person can learn to do something like this.

Looking at the script itself for the print button - It seems as if it would only require a few minor changes regarding the direction of the file - but then again I am not the one that knows.

Your advice on me getting to make a script like this would be welcomed
                Kind Regards
                Rob
                www.gnjgf.co.za
                www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

No, that's totally diffrerent. To actually send the page, you need a script that will read the html code of the page (by reading the file) and then email with the code of the page as attachment.

To make a script like this is not so easy. I've been learning php and html for more than a year to come to such a point. Where to learn ? All over the net: i've been practically reading and studying everything i could find.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                  X