Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• submit form does not work

Hi guys,
    Can anyone help me please. I have created a contact us for on my web site. Problem is,when i have filled in all the data i require of a person, when i click submit it just puts me onto my outlook page to send an email.
    Has anyone out there got a few minutes to spare to have a look at what i have done wrong. I followed the tutorial to the letter, i think. I have used my email address as mailto:davehurst@blueyonder.co.uk

Tottally confused???????
    Update..... I have just tried to do it with php like it says under the tutorial...... i am now getting an error message when i try to submit. Question, because i have taken the mailto thing off and replaced it with the php, how does it know where to send it to??????????????do i need to do something in bv so emails are directed to my email????
    As always your help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Regards
    Dave

www.eleganceweddingcarhire.com

Re: submit form does not work

Hey Dave-
    It is best not to use the mailto: action. In stead- it is best to use php code to process your form and send the information to your e-mail address.

Here are is a link to a tutorial for that:
    http://www.netisopen.com/computer/TF001/phpmailto.html

Additionally- Navaldesign has put together an advanced bv form processor that makes the whole process very easy. That can be found here:
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/new...processor.html

As to the problem you are experiencing with the php code- please copy and paste the php code you
    are using and we will sort it out.

Post back if you need further help.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Re: submit form does not work

Update..... I have just tried to do it with php like it says under the tutorial...... i am now getting an error message when i try to submit. Question, because i have taken the mailto thing off and replaced it with the php, how does it know where to send it to??????????????do i need to do something in bv so emails are directed to my email????

Of course, if you read again the Forms tutorial more carefully, you will see that there are a few things in the php script, that you need to change yourself before using it: among them the email address, where the info will be sent, and the subject of the email.

However, this is a very simple script. It doesn't have a any additional features. I advise you to go for the Blue Voda Advanced Form Processor

As for the technical problem: when you submit, you get a 404 Page not found error. You have set the form action to be "action.php". But i can't find a "action.php" file in your site. So, again, please read the Form tutorial and see how this action.php script is created and implemented in a BV page.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X