• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dori
    Lieutenant Colonel

• Sep 2006

Form and Security Logon Help

Hi everyone,
    I do not know if this is the correct area to post this but.....
    I would like to have a secure log on areas for my wholesale customers and my independent reps. I want them to be able to logon with their passwords and be taken to the product pages with their preferred prices. Can this be done (easily) in Blue Voda? Let me rephrase that... Can this be done by someone like me that hasn't got a clue?
    Thanks
    dori
    Naturally Yours,
    Dori
    www.earthelixirs.com
    www.earthelixirsinc.com
    www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
    www.virtualdesigndiva.com
    www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Form and Security Logon Help

Hmmm.. A bit difficult. It requires a loggin script (usually based on a database). You can find loggin scripts on the net, but, they usually are standalone. Not only, but also, installation is complicated (for the average user) and the look usually is not very satisfying. Today, the tendency is to have a kind of membership script: it will allow loggin, but it will also hold in the database the member's details, and it will allow for mailing lists based on the same database etc. But this is NOT a script that you can find for free. I build such scripts for my clients, and can asure you that it takes some effort to build (or customize) such a script to the client's requirements.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Dori
      Lieutenant Colonel

• Sep 2006

Hi Naval,
      I had a feeling it would be complicated.... story of my life lately! I was starting to build my site in SohoLaunch (which has this feature.. or close to it) but didn't like the restrictions it put on me design wise.

Would you mind giving me a guesstimate as to what you would charge for building a script like this? Maybe I can put in a request to Santa...
      Thank you,
      dori
      Naturally Yours,
      Dori
      www.earthelixirs.com
      www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Please contact me through myform and provide me some details. This is not something that can be discussed in the forum. Thankyou.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Dori
          Lieutenant Colonel

• Sep 2006

Gotcha! thanks
          Naturally Yours,
          Dori
          www.earthelixirs.com
          www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

• Dori
            Lieutenant Colonel

• Sep 2006

Hi Naval...
            I will be emailing you soon on getting my custom form started for my wholesale and independent rep clients but I have a couple questions....

I need to have a form to sign up for my newsletter. Can I install ABVFP to create this form? Will it interfere with the custom forms you will be doing for me?
            Thanks!
            Naturally Yours,
            Dori
            www.earthelixirs.com
            www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Hi Dori,

yes, you can install AVBFP . However, ABFP is a subset of our DBTS Form Processor, with only a part of it's features. As such, it will NOT store any info in a database. I saw that you have visited our site, and subscribed to our Newsletter. That's what you need for the newsletter signup, with a DB backend that allows you to store the user info, and use it for your mailing list / newsletter. You know the link if i can be of help.
              Navaldesign

Comment

• Dori
                Lieutenant Colonel

• Sep 2006

Just as long as I don't screw anything up for the custom script!
                Thanks George... I will try installing it this weekend and will holler if I run into problems. Can't wait to check out the newsletter!
                Thanks again

Another question now that I am thinking about it. With the newsletter sign up, will I be able to access their information when needed? I have a gift certificate of sorts that I will issue to the customer on their birthday. Can I do this easily? Or should I wait and have the 'newsletter' sign up added to the custom job?
                Naturally Yours,
                Dori
                www.earthelixirs.com
                www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Hi Dori,

no, if you make it yourself, you won't be able to see the info. Only the one that you have seen on the site, will store the info in the database, and also allow you to do anything with this info: view, edit, delete, add, sort, search with ANY criteria in the database records, export the info in Excel, word, xml or csv format, print (using a printer frienly page) etc. I can install it in just half a day.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

• Dori
                    Lieutenant Colonel

• Sep 2006

Looks like I will be adding this to my custom wish list!
                    Thank you for all of your guidance... it is much appreciated.
                    Naturally Yours,
                    Dori
                    www.earthelixirs.com
                    www.earthelixirsinc.com

Comment

Working...
                    X