• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krisy
    Sergeant

• Jan 2007

email from forms

i have set up my email in cpanel & outlook express but nothing seems to go to them
    on my pages are forms for customers to send me heir details they say that they are sending but im not getting any emails what am i doing wrong
  • bill2006
    Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Re: how do i access my emails

So we can take a look, what is your web site, URL ?
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• krisy
      Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Re: how do i access my emails

hi bill
      my url is www.dantinaproperties.com

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: email from forms

The action of your forms is set to be mailto: your email address. If you read the BlueVoda Form Tutorial 1 you will see that this is NOT a reccomended way of processing your forms. In most cases, the mail will NOT get through. You should install a php script to do that. Have a look at Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• krisy
          Sergeant

• Jan 2007

hi ive tried what you suggested (on 15 of the pages ref 314 onwards) but it still is not working what am i doing wrong please help

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

I have tried your ref. 315 page and i got the thankyou page. Ofcourse, i can't know if the mail goes through or not. However, your form (s) have all the fields named T1, which is the default value that BV assigns. Every field must have it's own name, and the email field should be "email" all lowercase chrs. Please edit them.

Also, include a hidden field in your forms, with the reference nr, so that you will know which property the visitor is interested in.

Please note that for a real estate site, with so many properties, you should have a database driven script, otherwise manually building and updating all these pages becomes very difficult. A DB script also allows your visitors to search the listings with any criteria, as location, price, nr of bedrooms, pool, etc.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• krisy
              Sergeant

• Jan 2007

hi thanks for all your help am editing all my fields and checking them as i go. still no emails showing up in my account! still don't know what im doing wrong sorry for being such a pain about this but could you help yet again somebody who is totally confussed about this?

Also how do i include a hidden field in my forms i've checked the tutorials but can't seem to find anything explaining how you do this.

thanks yet again

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Yor forms ned to have a php script that will process them and send you the mail. From this point of view, and in order to have additional security measures, i suggest that you use the Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor

As for the hidden field, just double click your form, and in the form proprties dialog box, you will see, at the bottom, "Add" (hidden field). Click it and add your hidden field name (which should be "Reference") and value (which should be the ref number)
                Navaldesign

Comment

• krisy
                  Sergeant

• Jan 2007

hi again,
                  am doing what you suggested but its still not working i just dont know what i'm doing wrong.
                  what else can i do please help!

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

What is not working ? the email part or the hidden field part ?
                    If the email part, post here the php script that you have uploaded on your site to process the forms
                    Navaldesign

Comment

• krisy
                      Sergeant

• Jan 2007

its the email part heres the script that i've uploaded from bv form processor.

Form Name: give it a descriptive name, as f.e. Contact Form (optional)
                      Action: set the action to be abvfp.php
                      Method: POST
                      Encoding type: multipart / form-data

One last step: this script makes use of the PHP$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] command. Since not all browsers support this feature, we have implemented an alternative, which rewuires you to add a hidden field in your form. This hidden field must contain the form URL, without any http or www. F.e., if your form URL is http://www.yoursite.com/contactform.html, just add a hidden field in your form . The field name should be “ndpage” and it’s value simply “contactform”. To add this field, in the Form Properties dialog box, click on “Add”, then in the Name field type in “ndpage” and in the Value field type in “contactform” . If the URL of your page is http://www.yoursite.com/Survey_form.html the value should be “Survey_form”

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Krisy, please post here a link to one of your updated forms, so i can see how it has been setup. And, this is not the script, it's simply a part of the tutorial i have created for ABVFP. Are you using the ABVFP to process your forms ?
                        Navaldesign

Comment

• krisy
                          Sergeant

• Jan 2007

not sure how to do a link but this is one of the form pages that i have set up www.dantinaproperties.com/710.html

so confussed now not sure what i'm doing

Comment

• krisy
                            Sergeant

• Jan 2007

hi

i'm sending what i think is the link again www.dantinaproperties.com/710.html

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Ok, the form (ref 710) is setup ok. However, as i suspected, you do NOT have ABVFP as your processing script. I suppose that you have used a simple script (action.php) following the Forms Tutorial. But, since this script is in PHP, i can't see it to tell you if you have done something wrong. I need to see here the PHP code that you have placed in your "action.php" page. Please copy it and post it here.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X