• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mackan
    Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2006

Urgent problem with international characters

I have an URGENT & SERIOUS problem in my form. When people enter text into the text area in the form, it truncates as soon as they enter an international (Swedish in this case) character and the rest of the message is not sent to me. NOT GOOD. Anyone that has an idea on how to solve before I create a support ticket?

Thanks in advance,
    Mats Tegnér
    Mats Tegnér
    Snickis.se
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Urgent problem with international characters

A support ticket is NOT going to help you because it is not VH's duty to solve script problems. Please post here the script that you have used, as well as one on the characters that cause the message to break.

It will probably be necessary to ad a "addslashes / stripslashes command in your script or modify it in some way.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• mackan
      Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2006

Hi Naval, thanks for beeing there. Well the script is just standard according to your demo. The charachteras are äöĺ and the link to the forms page is www.snickis.se/designa_bord. I'm not sure what you mean by copy the script. Is it action.php you want?

Mats
      Mats Tegnér
      Snickis.se

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Yes, the action php. Also, please try this form: www.dbtechnosystems.com/contact.php

with those special characters. Look at the autoresponder if the message is delivered ok or broken.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• mackan
          Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2006

Naval,
          I'm getting a bit confused now. I was trying to look at the script in svar_order.bvp (wich is my action page according to the tutorials) but I can't find in the html code anything refering to the email adress that the form is beeing sent to. I know that it works but the code that I copied from the tutorial is not there. Maybe I'm missing something obvious here buy I assume that was the script you were asking for. Also, I cant paste anything into this message and the html code is fairly big. Isn't there an other way?
          Mats Tegnér
          Snickis.se

Comment

• mackan
            Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2006

Naval, I filled out the form and got 2 messages back in my inbox. The first message did NOT have the characters but the second one did. Does this give you a hint on what I need to do?

Mats
            Mats Tegnér
            Snickis.se

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Yes, you need the ABVFP in the html version (you got the one with the table ok, right ?) . This version is NOT available on the forum as it is a commercial product. Mailing you.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
              X