Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Pro Help Please

Hi

This is killing me!!!! I have uploaded the fmp file - all the files - i have checked. All are chmod 755.

I run the www.dentacarepoland/fmp/install.php in firefox, and up comes the form in my browser. I input all the fields and prefix with my cpanel username for the db, login, password. I press the install button at the bottom of the form and evry time up comes the error - Could not connect to MySQL -

What can i do guy's? Please help

Many thanks

Peter Baldwin
    Peter Baldwin
    www.thechristexperience.info
    www.thegospelofthomas.info
    www.peterbaldwin.me.uk
    www.dentacarepoland.com

Re: Form Pro Help Please

Folders need to be 755. Files do NOT.

Did you add the user to the database ?v Creating a user is not enough, you have to add that user to the specific database.

And, the password needs NO prefix, only the DB name and DB user (loggin)
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Mr Navaldesign - Thank you so much for such a quick, and more importantly, correct bit of advice. Within seconds of reading your post - hey presto - I am up and running.

I must say that prior to asking for help here, I used a ticket and submitted a very detailed account of my problem, much more detailed than what I I put here. After 2 attemps they gave up, but only after they suggested options which i had already told them that i had tried !! and that maybe I should pay $30 for a techy to do the install.

Thanks again Naval

Peter Baldwin
      Peter Baldwin
      www.thechristexperience.info
      www.thegospelofthomas.info
      www.peterbaldwin.me.uk
      www.dentacarepoland.com

Comment

You are very welcome. Please understand that support deals with more than 1000 support tickets a day, and some times they simply do not have the time to go deep into a problem which, as in this case, is NOT a VH supported product. Resolving the issue by installing the script correctly, is sometimes easier than debugging a problem.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi!
          Dont laugh at me for asking such a silly question:( I dont know anything about CHMOD, 755 and etc. I am trying to install Form Maker. I uploaded the files by FTP and filled the installation fields. I did what you told to PeterBaldwin, created and add the user to the database. But still got the same error -Could not connect to MySQL - I am afraid that I dont know the full path for MySQL host. Need help please!
          ElTurco

Comment

Working...
          X