Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I build a form

Dear Blue Voda helpers,

Okay, i know i keep bothering you with many questions... but im just really slow... so im sorry for putting up alot of threads asking for help...

1) Okay... on my website im trying to put a complaint "thing" on here and io was wondering...is there anyway i can use the "text area" so that they can use that to type in their complaint.

2) Another thing i would like to know is if i can use a "button" so that they can submit their complaint to me.

3) I have just watched the tutorial on how to make a form on your website...and was wondering if i can use that same "routine" to use for the complaint "thing" (my apologies i just cant seem to find the right word for it...) im trying to make, if at all possible.

So...can anyone help me here?
    My domain name is www.dy-chan.com and if you would please go to the site and click "Conntact me." Where it says complaints it should show you what im trying to do here... please if anyone has suggestions or if anyone can help me here it would mean alot to me...!!!

Dyiko_Kakiishi

Re: Can anyone help me here? Its urgent...!!!

Originally posted by Dyiko_Kakiishi
    Dear Blue Voda helpers,

Okay, i know i keep bothering you with many questions... but im just really slow... so im sorry for putting up alot of threads asking for help...

1) Okay... on my website im trying to put a complaint "thing" on here and io was wondering...is there anyway i can use the "text area" so that they can use that to type in their complaint.

2) Another thing i would like to know is if i can use a "button" so that they can submit their complaint to me.

3) I have just watched the tutorial on how to make a form on your website...and was wondering if i can use that same "routine" to use for the complaint "thing" (my apologies i just cant seem to find the right word for it...) im trying to make, if at all possible.

So...can anyone help me here?

My domain name is www.dy-chan.com and if you would please go to the site and click "Conntact me." Where it says complaints it should show you what im trying to do here... please if anyone has suggestions or if anyone can help me here it would mean alot to me...!!!

Yes, you'll need a form for this. Follow the tutorial, do some reading in the forms areas of the forum and with some practice, you'll be able to create exactly what you need.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Re: How do I build a form

Yay! Thank you very much for the help!! And the encouragement!!! ^^
      Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

Oh but if it is no trouble may i ask you another question? Ummm.... i kept typing in stuff but it doesnt seem to work...!!! ...???... can you check it out and see IF you can tell me what i did wrong just by analization? (if thats how you spell it!!!) i did everything according to the tutorial...!!! are there some things i have to change and fix?
        Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

Check what, where???? Please be more speceific and please stp centering your text, it makes it hard to read for us old people.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

The complaints form is never going to work: you have named your "complaints" filed as "submit". You must name it something else, i.e. "Complaint" as the submit button itself is named also "submit", so it will submit nothing at all.

Then of course i can't know if your "action.php" page is correct or not (i can't see the php code in it, so i simply can't tell)

The Questions button is a normal button, so it does nothing at all. There is no link or form related to it.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

oh yes, i know that there is something wrong with the Questions button because right now im trying to focus on the complaint button so IF or WHEN i get the complaints button down then i already know how to do everything right, then i can do the same w/ the questions button...

But what im trying to understand at this point is (im a little confused right now...but i think that MIGHT be normal) so i put its name as "Complaints," right? But for the button type i dont use submit? Also...when i was following the tutorial i noticed the tutorial said to put the code in before the header and the one that was typed said to put it in the "Inside body tag" might that have anything to do with it...

Oh and another question..when it says to add my real email....do i add my real email or my blue voda email like this one: username@mysite.com???? Because i added my yahoo. email in the coding..

Sorry for so much questions...!!! >.<

`
              Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

But what im trying to understand at this point is (im a little confused right now...but i think that MIGHT be normal) so i put its name as "Complaints," right? But for the button type i dont use submit?

Yes, for the submit button you must use the name "submit"

Also...when i was following the tutorial i noticed the tutorial said to put the code in before the header and the one that was typed said to put it in the "Inside body tag" might that have anything to do with it

It is not important. If you have a script that detects errors and redirects to another page, then it should be placed in the "Start of Page". If the script (like the one in the tutorial) doesn't detect errors, it is not imporant if you place it in the Start of Page, Between Head Tag or Inside Body.

Oh and another question..when it says to add my real email....do i add my real email or my blue voda email like this one:
                username@mysite.com???? Because i added my yahoo. email in the coding..
                Real email means ANY real email of yours. It is not important if it is on your VodaHost account or not.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

wow...umm...thank you for answering all of my questions...but...it seems i did everything right though...what else could be wrong? I cant see what i did wrong...
                  Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

I can't find your "action.php" page. The "action.php" is the thank you page, with the script in it, but i just can't find it. Are you sure you have published it ? with this name ?
                    Navaldesign

Comment

well...i saved the page as arigato.bvp, the thank you page, and i did everything according to the tutorial...does me naming it with .bvp a bad thing? well...im going to go over the turtorial and everything else to see if i mispelled anything in the coding...or if i did anything that would mess anything up...i'll go over this thing 100 times if i have to!!! >.<

P.S
                      yes i did name it "action.php"
                      Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

OMGosh!! i got the thankyou page to work!! but...what happens to the stuff i wrote in there??? does it send it somewhere or am i just not that far into it yet..???
                        Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

Ok, now your thankyou page shows up when you submit. If the php script is pasted in this page, it should send you an email. However, even if the script works, you might NOT receive the email.
                          The reason for this is that your "Complaints" form doesn't have a "email" field, for the visitor to fill in.
                          This means that the email that is sent to you, results without a sended, and as such it might be blocked by your ISP. To fox this, there is one thing that you can do: replace this line of the script:

$mailhead = "From: $email\n";

with this:

$mailhead = "From: youremail@example.com \n;"

replacing youremail/example.com with your own email address.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

okay...i replaced
                            $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
                            with
                            $mailhead = "From: myemail@example.net \n;

but i still dont see any "new msgs" in my inbox...am i supposed to put the spaces in there?
                            Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

because i didnt...
                              Dyiko_Kakiishi

Comment

Working...
                              X