www.gnjgf.co.za
    www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

• Rob (SA)
      Lieutenant Colonel

• Nov 2006

Re:Page loading

Hi Folks,

I have vreated a page that loads like the following http://www.gnjgf.co.za/construction.php and it seems a bit amateurish.

Please advise me as to how this can be improved ?

Secondly - I have inserted a button so as to revert back to the previous page which does not seem to work as expected - DO you have any advice?
      Kind Regards
      Rob
      www.gnjgf.co.za
      www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Contact Form

Your BAck button works. Of course, if you open the link in a new browser window, there is NOWHERE back to go, so it appears as not working. Open your browser, visit a whichever page, then , in the same window, open your link, and test the Back button. You will see it is working.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Andy128
          Major General

• Dec 2005

Looks fine to me.

The reason your back to previous page button is not working is that the link to that page has a target set as blank or self. Therefore it opens the page in a new window and there is nothing to go back previous to. So to correct- on the link to the underconstruction page- leave the target box empty.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• Rob (SA)
            Lieutenant Colonel

• Nov 2006

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies - I will make the changes as informed - leave it blank.
            Kind Regards
            Rob
            www.gnjgf.co.za
            www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

• Rob (SA)
              Lieutenant Colonel

• Nov 2006

Hi George,

I have a couple of questions.

If I create a database of members can a script or program do a sort according to certain criteria, produce the result, create the sorted page and upload it automatically to my website.

Or does one have to physically go through each individual process to obtain the final result?
              Kind Regards
              Rob
              www.gnjgf.co.za
              www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Yes, this is quite possible. This is one of the types of scripts i build. The criteria must be logical ones (equal, contain, bigger than, smaller than, etc) among the database fields.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Rob (SA)
                  Lieutenant Colonel

• Nov 2006

Hi George,

Thanks for the reply.

That sounds great.

The logical order is not the problem as it is determined by number.

The trick I am hoping to over come is the automatic upload once the sorting has been done.

If I can alude to explain.

Members enter a tournament and based on thier ability (handicap) they get grouped together.

These same players are then grouped according to a time allocation called a draw.

This draw needs to be uploaded automatically. If I accept that my tournament is full then I need to use an activate button and the draw will be posted with the players seeing their time.

Examples of this (time allocation) can be seen at http://www.gnjgf.co.za/DRAW1T.htm and at the similar site http://www.gnjgf.co.za/DRAW1A.htm which would give an alphabetical listing with the same time allocation in a different column.

I do not think its is a major task if you can write the script as the number crunching is the simple part - the uploading well I would have to learn.

your veiws again would be welcome
                  Kind Regards
                  Rob
                  www.gnjgf.co.za
                  www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Well, i don't quite understand the logic of this, as i am not golf knowledgable, but with a php/database driven script, you can do practically anything, including these two pages you have there. Of course, you need to know how to program in php/html.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

• Rob (SA)
                      Lieutenant Colonel

• Nov 2006

Hi George,

Thanks for your honesty - I dont mean to challenge your golf knowledge.

the very important thing for me to understand is that - a script can be written that when I press an activate button - a "draw" - alphabetical list will be automatically uploaded to the place where members can veiw their starting times for an event.

This process if possible will same my organisation huge amounts of time. We are parents that run this organisation at no charge and thus time for us is important.

Improving this process will surely assist us greatly
                      Kind Regards
                      Rob
                      www.gnjgf.co.za
                      www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Such a script is possible. The database will be updated by a form. The webpage will have in it a script to retreive the database info, sorted as desired. The "activation" (let's call it so) button will allow the admin to define if the webpage will display the chart or it will display a "Draw under construction" or some other simlar message.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

• Rob (SA)
                          Lieutenant Colonel

• Nov 2006

Thanks George,

Please send me an idea of cost to my email address.
                          Kind Regards
                          Rob
                          www.gnjgf.co.za
                          www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Rob,

Please send me your email address, as well as some details: how users signup, how the chart must be drown etc, whatever you think would be usefull for me to see the work, then i will get back to you. . Since my laptop got stolen some time ago, i don't have your email anymore. Thanks
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                            X