Contact form won't work, help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact form won't work, help please

I have made a form after following the video tutorials, however when you hit the submit button your get 'HTTP 404 Not Found'

If anyone can help me here's the link.
    http://www.pxmcyprus.com/contact_us.html

Thanks in advance
    Julie

I'm desperate now. Please help

I'm getting desperate

Originally posted by jaykay
    I have made a form after following the video tutorials, however when you hit the submit button your get 'HTTP 404 Not Found'

If anyone can help me here's the link.
    http://www.pxmcyprus.com/contact_us.html

Thanks in advance
    Julie

Comment

Re: Contact form won't work, help please

Χαιρετισμους στην ωραια Κυπρο!

Your submit button is outside the form area. Extend the form area dowbwards, save and republish.
      Remember to refresh your browser before testing or it might appear not working.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

και χαιρετισμοί σε σας από την ηλιόλουστη, και όμορφη Κύπρο
        I'm pretty sure that the submit button was already within the form area, anyway, I've extended the form area to make sure but, its still not working.
        Julie

Comment

Hi Julie,

before, your submit button didn't work. Now it does. However, it doesn't find the action page (resulting in a 404 page not found error) because your action page is saved (and published) as "thank_you" (php) instead, in the form, you have set as action "action.php". Change the form action in "thank_you.php", save, publish, refresh, and test
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes, you're right it is working to a degree. However, its probably me but I couldn't really understand your answer, would you mind telling me again. Sorry if I sound dumb.
            Thanks
            Julie

Comment

Ok, I see that you have set your form action correctly. Is it ok now ? does it send the email to your email address ?
              Navaldesign

Comment

It works in as much as the 'thank you' page comes up, which is great. But the email I get is from 'Mail Delivery System' with the subject

'Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender'

with the following message:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
                recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

you@yoursite.com
                unrouteable mail domain "yoursite.com"

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <hdihgel@voda15.vodahost.com>
                Received: from hdihgel by voda15.vodahost.com with local (Exim 4.63)
                (envelope-from <hdihgel@voda15.vodahost.com>)
                id 1Hr6lx-0006jy-IZ
                for you@yoursite.com; Thu, 24 May 2007 01:26:05 -0500
                To: you@yoursite.com
                Subject: Contact Form Submission
                Message-Id: <E1Hr6lx-0006jy-IZ@voda15.vodahost.com>
                Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 01:26:05 -0500

Values submitted from web site form :
                name :
                email : kemp.cyprus******.com
                tel :

Is this what I should get?

Comment

No. It seems like you have pasted the script in your "thank_you" without changing the email address to be yours.

Please note that you must change " you@yoursite.com " to be the email address where you want to receive the email.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                  X