Contact Form... I'm completely stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact Form... I'm completely stuck

Hi there, I'm new to the website building thing, so I'm hoping to find somebody willing to give a lecture for 'dummies' . I've done everything (at least, I think I have) the tutorial says, built a contact form, named the text box email, made the page .php, made a thank you page, named it action, copied the codes etc. etc. )And still... If I test this contact form, nothing happens... no "thank you page" at all. No reaction. There must be something I'm doing wrong... but what? Anyone?www.therapiepaard.com/contact.html and /action.phpThanks!

Re: Contact Form... I'm completely stuck

Try removing the OnClick Image Set event that you have added to the submit button
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi "Navaldesign"

thanks for your tip. I did remove it now, but it doesn't change anything.
      I've tried all sorts of things, completely rebuilt the site as the support desk told me, watched the tuturioals over and over, read some comments on the same topic of the forum, but I still haven't found the solution.
      Nothing happens, no mail, no thank you page.

At one point, I did get the e-mails but no thank you page... thing is..I've changed so much, I didn't know what I had done right at the time. So I've rebuilt it, but now it doesn't work either.

I'm not too bright with computers, so I'm thankfull Bluevoda has got me this far! However...the contact form...I need it badly! People are often too lazy to start up their e-mail accounts, that's why I want the contact form.

Someone any ideas? The pages are www.therapiepaard.com/contact.html and www.therapiepaard.com/action.php

Comment

yeah! wait! I was too quick (or outlook too slow) with my reply.
        I do receive the mail now, thanks Navaldesign.
        Now the next thing: how do I get that thank you page to pop up?

Comment

taschaz-

Not knowing the tutorials you have looked at- try this one.
          http://netisopen.com/computer/TF001/T001.html

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Yet once again...there's no need to keep on cheering...eventhough I did receive an e-mail after I've changed what navaldesign suggested, the mail was empty, no text, no e-mail adres from sender. And when I try it now, nothing happens, again, no e-mail.

Anyone?

Comment

In order to assist- please post the php script that you are using.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Andy,

php on contact page is:
                between head tag:

<?PHP
                $mailto = "info@therapiepaard.com";
                $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
                if ($email == "") {
                $email = $mailto;
                }
                $mailsubj = "Contact Form Submission";
                $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
                reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form :\n";
                while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
                {
                if ($key!="submit")
                {
                $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
                }
                }
                mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
                ?>

So, I now receive the e-mail, though WITHOUT CONTENT, empty.
                And still no action page.
                And in three fold ??

This is how I receive the e-mail:

Values submitted from web site form :
                No virus found in this incoming message.
                Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.7/830 - Release Date: 3-6-2007 12:47

Thanks for looking into it Andy!

www.therapiepaard.com/gastenboek.html
                www.therapiepaard.com/action.php

Comment

Why are you saying that this script is pasted in the contact page ?
                  The script should be in the "action.php" page.
                  However, itseems that your form doesn't submit. You still have the onclick event in your submit button...
                  You also havea "contact.php" page, and even inhis one youhavea "OnSubmit" event.

I suggest that you first try simple forms, without any OnClick or OnSubmit events, then after you are sute it works ok, add the events.
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Now I'm really lost. Everytime I take a look at yet another tuturial and follow their steps, nothing works!!

Now I'm not even able to receive the e-mails. Before I made some changes suggested on http://www.netisopen.com/computer/TF001/phpmailto.html, at least I received an e-mail.

So, my problems with the contact form:
                    1. now, not receiving e-mails
                    2. before, if receiving, then in threefold, without senders name and email and without text
                    3. no action.php page popping up

I've rebuilt the page, made changes, and didn't come one inch further.

Please, is there anyone who can take me by the hand on this one? That's all I need to finish my website. The rest of it works just fine.

Comment

Let me explain:

1. You have two contact forms: contact html. with action set to be "action.php" and the submit button not working (probably because of the even you have associated) and also contact.php, which has "process123.php" as action, but results in 404 error, since "process123.php" doesn't exist on your site.

Delete the contact.php form.

In your "action" page, add the script, wherever you want (start of page, between head, inside body, it is not important). Save the page and publish it as "action.php". Refresh your browser before testing.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                      X