• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: My contact form

Yes. reading the tutorial would be a nice idea.

About the hidden field: in BV double click the form, and in the form properties Dialog Box you will see the hidden field in the lower window.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• donprofit
      Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

What's problem now? I went through the installation instructions in the tutorial and when I put the link in the browser I got the word FORBIDDEN
      saying I don't have permission to access /ABVFP/dbts_install.php on this server. There was also a 404 not found error.
      Don
      RENT TO OWN A Home With No Qualifying FREE Manual Shows You How. Buy With A Lease Option

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

probably a permissions issue with your folder. Connect with FTP and check the the permissions of the entire ABVFP folder as well as the permissions of the files in it. The folder should be 755 and the files 644. If they are not, manually change them to he correct.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• donprofit
          Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

I changed the permissions to what you said and nothing changed. I'm really getting tired of playing with this. What would you charge me to get this straightened out? I'm about ready to dump the whole thing so let me know ASAP.
          Don
          RENT TO OWN A Home With No Qualifying FREE Manual Shows You How. Buy With A Lease Option

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Please visit http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/free_abvfp.php , read the text (its all written there) and click on "Require Installation Service".
            Navaldesign

Comment

• donprofit
              Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

Before I go through your form I'd like to know if it will do what I want once I get it loaded. I don't want to pay for something that doesn't.
              Will I be able to use a form on my home/index page?
              Will the names and URL's I get on the form go into the database where I can work with them? Such as put them on a list to mail to. I specifically want to use it for list building and affiliate marketing.
              I understand it costs $20 to load in on form. If I need more to do what I need done what am I looking at in cost?
              Don

Comment

• Andy128
                Major General

• Dec 2005

Don-
                Please conduct business with Navaldesign via his website.

DBTechnosystems.com Homepage. General info about our products and services.

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

This is NOT the place to discuss details, as this would be a private transaction. Please use my contact form and i will gladly answer your questions.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

• donprofit
                    Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

How do I completely delete a page on my website?
                    How do I rename a page on my website?
                    Don

Comment

• Watdaflip
                      Major General

• Sep 2005

You can change name or delete a file through the file manager in cPanel, or using a FTP

Register/Login Script
                      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• donprofit
                        Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

Thank you that was easy.
                        How about this one from the ABVFP tutorial. "Upload all the extracted files in this ABVFP folder". Are they talking about the ones in File Manager? If so how do I upload them into the ABVFP folder? If these aren't the ones which ones are?
                        Don

Comment

• Watdaflip
                          Major General

• Sep 2005

I'm not familiar with ABVFP, but it's probably saying upload the files that you downloaded (The actual ABVFP files) to the website.

Register/Login Script
                          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Yes, excactly. It says to upload the files you extracted from the zip into the ABVFP folder on your site.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

• donprofit
                              Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

Am I supposed to be uploading files on the CP or my site?
                              Am I even supposed to be in CP at this state of the tutorial? If not how do I get the File Manager to connect to my site? I've read the tutorial on ABVFP many time and each time I get a little more confused. Is there a simpler version anywhere?
                              I'm still not clear on uploading, how do it do it?
                              Don

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Don, you are missing some basic knowledge. Please read the tutorials about FTP use and File manager use.

CP is just a panel that allowes you to manage your website. You do not (ever) upload anything on your CP, you upload the files in your site.

FTP (the one which comes free with BV is called BlueFTP) is for File Transfer Protocol. Generally speaking, by FTP we mean some software that allowes to transer files from your computer to your site (upload) or from the site to your computer (download). When we say "FTP your files to the site" we mean "upload the files to the site".

The ABVFP files need to be uploaded on your site to work.
                                To acheive this, please follow these simple steps:

1. Open BV.
                                2. Click on Tools, > FTP Manager.
                                3. When BlueFTP open up, Click on Connect, provide your IP address, username and password (as you do when you publish) and click "Connect".
                                4. Blue FTP will connect to your site. The following is only valid if you have not yet created the "ABVFP" folder in your site: Right click in ANY white space in the right hand window, and select New Folder . In the popup type ABVFP . So a folder named ABVFP will be created on your site. Double click on the newly created folder (you will find it at the very bottom of the right hand window) to open it. Of course, it is still empty, so no content will appear in it.
                                5. Now browse the LEFT window (your computer content) to find the folder ABVFP where you have extracted the files of the zip. Select the folder, and it's content will appear. Select the files (all of them, but not the subfolders) and just drag them to the right window, inside the site ABVFP folder.
                                6. You can now go on with installing ABVFP according to the instructions.
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X