• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • donprofit
    Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

Re: My contact form

Exactly where do I install the Advanced Bluevoda Form Processor? What do you mean by "read the thread in the above link"?
    How do I include a link in my thank you page?
    I still don't understand links, is there somewhere I can go to study them?
    Thanks,
    Don
    RENT TO OWN A Home With No Qualifying FREE Manual Shows You How. Buy With A Lease Option

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

ABVFP is a script (form processor, to be exact) which is installed on your site. Click on the link i posted in my previous post (that is what i mean click on the above link) to get to the Advanced BlueVoda Form processor thread. You can also find the download link there. In the zip that you will download you will also find a full, step by step tutorial, as well as en example form.

However, if you do not understand links, i suggest that you first read the tutorials on links, (which you can find here) and then continue with forms, autoresponders, downloads etc.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• donprofit
        Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

I got as far as the tutorial and have a stupid question. It says create a folder preferably inside your Bluevoda folder. Where is my BV folder? Give me really basic directions on finding it and then creating a folder inside it.
        Next where do I find the public-html folder? Am I supposed to be in the CP all this time?
        Thanks,
        Don
        RENT TO OWN A Home With No Qualifying FREE Manual Shows You How. Buy With A Lease Option

Comment

• Andy128
          Major General

• Dec 2005

BV folder- Go to My Computer>C drive> Program Files>BV Web builder
          That is your BV Folder. Open it- right click in an open blank area and then choose "New Folder"

As to the public_html folder- Yes. This is on the server and it is the first thing presented when you use the FTP Manager.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• donprofit
            Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

Andy,
            Glad you're back. I can understand your instructions. Got the folder.
            Next it says extract all the files inside the same folder. How do I do it? Probably just as simple as the other instruction.
            How do I upload the extracted files to the folder inside the public_html folder?
            How do I create the database in the CP?
            Thanks,
            Don

Comment

• Andy128
              Major General

• Dec 2005

Extract- If your using windows XP- you can simply right click and choose extract files. IF not- then you will have to use a zip file extraction program. Also- sometimes simply double clicking on a file will trigger the auto extract. Then choose the folder to extract it to.

Check tutorial for using the BLUE FTP (FTP Manager) to upload files to the server.

Creating the DB. I have not used the ABVFP and really cannot direct you with that. Sorry.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Don,

VodaHost has set up a full series of tutorials on "How to" . Everything that you have been asking is explained in these tutorials, which are here (click on the link) . Please take some time to read those tutorials.

The database creation tutorial, in particular, is here: Creating a MySQL database (click on the image)
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• donprofit
                  Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

I'm trying to extract the parts of a zip file to a folder that I created in the BlueVoda folder. After I right clicked on the zip page and chose extract it said to choose a folder to extract to. I assume it's talking about the one I created in the BV folder, if so how do I choose it and put the extracted files in it?
                  Thanks,
                  Don

Comment

• Andy128
                    Major General

• Dec 2005

In general- when it asks which folder to extract to, it will provide a browse button close by to let you select a folder.

Andy
                    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• donprofit
                      Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

I thought I was doing pretty good with the Advance BV Form Processor when I ran into this in the tutorial.
                      1. For the configuration file creator-This is the file "ndadmin1.php" Simply upload it on your server. No editing is required. How do I find it & upload it?
                      2. For the help file-open the ndadminhelp.bvp on your computer. Where do I find this?
                      Thanks,
                      Don

Comment

• Andy128
                        Major General

• Dec 2005

Don-
                        Here is a link to all the Blue Voda tutorials. These cover almost every topic about web building with the BV Web Builder.
                        Video tutorials about how to create an amazing website with the BlueVoda website builder, brought to you by VodaHost web hosting.

Here is the video tutorial specific to what you are asking.

For your benefit and edification- grab a large pot of coffee and sit through the tutorials. This will help you a great deal. You will become much more proficient by doing this and will be less frustrated. Then use the forum to fill in the gaps.

Cheers-

Andy
                        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by donprofit View Post
                          I thought I was doing pretty good with the Advance BV Form Processor when I ran into this in the tutorial.
                          1. For the configuration file creator-This is the file "ndadmin1.php" Simply upload it on your server. No editing is required. How do I find it & upload it?
                          2. For the help file-open the ndadminhelp.bvp on your computer. Where do I find this?
                          Thanks,
                          Don

Which tutorial is this ?

ABVFP has been updated some months ago in version 2.0. The one that you are mentioning are relevant to the old, deprecated version 1. Please let me know if still some forgotten link or tutorial exists so i can delete it / update it to the new version.

The correct download is ONLY in http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/free_abvfp.php And, the tutorial is included in the zip.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

• donprofit
                            Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

It looks like I was using the old one. Do I have to start over or is some of what I did OK? The error page for instance. I worked on the old one most of the day so anything I can save would be good.
                            Thanks,
                            Don

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

The error page is ok. The same for the thank you page. In the contact form itself, the only thing that needs changing is the hidden field name (it was "ndpage", and its value was the page name, now it has become "Formid" and its value is the FormID number that ABVFP gives you when you setup that particular form). Everything else has to be changed.

The script itself is completely changed: both the main file as well as the auxiliary files. So, whilst the pages you build (form, errorpage, thank you page) have only minor or no change at all, the script itself has to be installed from scratch.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

• donprofit
                                Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

Where in the contact form do I find the hidden field? I don't see a "ndpage". You say everthing else has to be changed. Like what? I assume I need to go back to the tutorial and start from the beginning of it to make sure I've got everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X