Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two forms but cannot get the second one to work

Hi,

I have set up my published my pages (www.letussellyourproperty.com).
    and have set up two forms. One is for 'Contact Us' and the other is an 'Inquiry Page' in which people should be able to provide additional information. The 'Contact Us' page is working. However I have been unable to get the second form page (Inquiry Page) working. I was told that I need to set up two action pages but when I set up the second action page and tried to save it it wanted to overwrite the first one. How do I go about this?

Thanks.

Re: two forms but cannot get the second one to work

If you used a generic php script - one action.php should work for both forms.

On the inquiry form you have not set the action to action.php - it is currently blank. And you need to change the enctype to "multipart/form-data" whereas now it is - "text/plain"

If you address those two issues on the inquiry form- it should work.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply. I have amended as suggested but it still keepS coming up with the 'The page cannot be displayed' page when I hit the Submit button.

I re-puublished the 'action' page but it did not help.

I sent an email to myself from the 'Contact Us' page and that worked - so that 'action' page is working OK.

Any other ideas?

Comment

The action in the form is still empty. You must put the action to- action.php

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Andy,

I created a new page and made sure I put the action.php in correctly.

It is now working properly.

Thanks for you help Andy.

Kind regards.

Comment

You're very welcome.

Cheers-

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

i had the same problem" 2 diferent forms with 2 diferent thank you pages. how do u relate form #1 with thankyou page #1 and form #2 with thank you page #2? they have the same "submit" button at the end.
              thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128 View Post
                If you used a generic php script - one action.php should work for both forms.

On the inquiry form you have not set the action to action.php - it is currently blank. And you need to change the enctype to "multipart/form-data" whereas now it is - "text/plain"

If you address those two issues on the inquiry form- it should work.

Andy

Hi Andy

I have the same problem 2 forms and I do not know what to do in the second action page, one action page with generic php script sounds good to me, but I got not idea what a generic php script means, do I have to change the codes? can you please help me with that issue.

thanks in advance

my domain mane soscleaningsolutions.com my name servers are not update yet so you will see my old web site

Comment

Each form sends the info to the script that you have typed as "action" in the relevant form field.

A generic script is a script that will work more or less ok for most kinds of forms. The script in the BV forms tutorial is a generic one.

Unless you want to have specific, different between them thank you pages, you can use the same thank you page (and php code in it) for both forms. If not, create two separate thank you pages. Save them as "thankyou1" and "thankyou2" or as "action1" and "action2". The names are NOT important. You must embedd the php script from the tutorial in these pages, save them, set (in page properties) the extension to be php, and publish them

The important is that the "action" field in each of your forms has the name of the relevant page. So, form 1 must have in the action field "thankyou1.php" or "action1.php" (whatever you have saved in the form's "thankyou" page as) and the second "thankyou2.php" or "action2.php" etc.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                  X