• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigdogdaddy
    Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Mail Failure using Form

I have downloaded and installed the Advanced Form Maker. It is really great! I am having one issue, however and am not sure where to look. When I test the form, not only do I receive a copy of the e-mail (as was expected), but I also receive a "Mail Failure" message as follows:

From: Mail Delivery System [mailto:Mailer-Daemon@voda6.vodahost.com]
    Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 7:24 AM
    To: myBVaccount@voda6.vodahost.com
    Subject: Mail failure - no recipient addresses
    A message that you sent contained no recipient addresses, and therefore no
    delivery could be attempted.

Any ideas as to where to start looking? I would like to get this "contact Us" page into production this weekend.

Thanks for your help.
    www.6994th.com
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Mail Failure using Form

I am not sure which processor you mean: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor OR Form Maker Pro ?

Please provide also a link to your form page.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Bigdogdaddy
      Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Naval,

Sorry about that. I am using the ABVFP. The link to the form page is http://www.6994th.com/contactform.html
      www.6994th.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

I tested your form, and everything seems fine. I checked the error page, and also recieved the thank you page after submission. I also recieved the autoresponder message, which means that ABVFP is perfectly working. Maybe you have used fake email address when testing the form ?
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Bigdogdaddy
          Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Actually I used my real e-mail address when I tried it form home and a different real e-mail address when I tried it from work. In both instances I received the copy of the e-mail, followed by another e-mail with "Mail Failure". The mail failure e-mail came to either my home e-mail or work e-mail, depending upon which address I used.

The "TO:" information in the Mail Failure message leads me to suspect possibly something set up incorrectly in my VodaHost account (probably set up by myself)? It is being sent to my VodaHost account on Voda6.

Can you think of someplace in my Control Panel that I should start looking?

I appreciate you taking the time to help.
          www.6994th.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Have you actually created admini.......@69......com in your CP?

Also, try sending a simple email from another email address to the one above, to see if you recieve it or also in this case you receive an error message.
            Navaldesign

Comment

• Bigdogdaddy
              Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Naval,

In my e-mail forwarders, I have an account set up for Admi...@69...com and have that being forwarded to another person's real e-mail account. He is not getting any of the Mail Failed e-mails. I forwarded the Mail failure e-mail I received when you sent your test to your e-mail account so you could see the messages.

I sent an e-mail to myVHaccount@69....com (which is forwarded to my home e-mail) and got my message with no errors.

Looking at the Mail Failed e-mail, I noticed the first line of the message, "A message that you sent contained no recipient addresses, and therefore no delivery could be attempted." It almost sounds like there is a blank e-mail address being generated by the form?
              www.6994th.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Check to see if you have added a "," before or after your email address in ABVFP control panel. That would explain why the script sends an email to a blank address.
                Navaldesign

Comment

• Bigdogdaddy
                  Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Evidently when I filled in the "Your e-mail Address" while creating the form, I added an extra comma or a space. I deleted the entries and added them back. That solved the problem.

Thank you very much for your help.
                  www.6994th.com

Comment

• higge
                    First Sergeant

• Jun 2007

But there is something on Voda side because my admin mails fails too when someone register to my forums, I also have "mail delivery failure" in "horde".

Comment

Working...
                    X