Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploads not being sent to upload folder

I made an upload button that sends a file to my /public_html/uploads
    folder, but nothing is showing up there.

this is the code Im using

<?php

// Receiving variables

@$email = addslashes($_POST['email']);
    @$upload_Name = $_FILES['upload']['name'];
    @$upload_Size = $_FILES['upload']['size'];
    @$upload_Temp = $_FILES['upload']['tmp_name'];

// Validation for max file size

if ($upload_Size>0)
    {
    if( $upload_Size >1000)
    {
    //delete file
    unlink($upload_Temp);
    header("Location: error.html");
    exit;
    }
    $uploadFile = "uploads/".$upload_Name ;

@move_uploaded_file( $upload_Temp , $uploadFile);
    chmod($uploadFile, 0644);
    $upload_URL = "http://www.me3ddd.com/uploads/".$upload_Name ;
    }

//Sending Email to form owner

$mailto = "sales@me3ddd.com";
    $mailsubj = "Logo Upload";
    $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
    reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
    $mailbody = "Your Logo was uploaded successfully :\n";
    while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
    {
    if ($key!="submit")
    {
    $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
    }
    }
    $mailbody .= "upload: $upload_URL\n";
    mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);

header("Location: thankyou_page.html");

?>

I followed everything from the tutorial.
    www.ME3ddd.com - Creative graphics and 3D animation

www.endbalding.blogspot.com Get remedies and info regarding hair loss

Re: Uploads not being sent to upload folder

Please provide a link to the form page.

Why don't you simply use ABVFP ? It will upload the files and also attach them in the email that you will recieve.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

AVFB form only allows for 1 upload file, How do I edit if I have several upload files?

Comment

ABVFP allows for UNLIMITED uploads, just the example form that comes with the zip has one. You may add as many as you like. Just add more upload fields in the form.

As said, this is an example form. You may build your own form, as you like it.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

oh...and I also need other elements like drop downs and chk boxes..so this may not be the way to go

Comment

how do I edit the form..I dont see an option to add elements

Comment

Originally posted by willc View Post
              oh...and I also need other elements like drop downs and chk boxes..so this may not be the way to go
              Maybe you have not read carefully the ABVFP features. It will process correctly ANY form, with ANY type of field, including multiple selection dropdowns. In fact, there is no type or number of fields that it can not process.

The form is made in BV. You can find it under the "BV pages" folder in the zip. Just open it in BV and edit it. Or create your own, as you like it.
              Navaldesign

Comment

George dont I need to edit the uploadaction form to reference the files in the AFPB folder?

Comment

What do you mean "uploadaction form ?"

If you use ABVFP you simply create a form as you like it, set it up with ABVFP as per tutorial, and you are done. ABVFP can process an unlimited number of forms, you simply set up each of them in the ABVFP database, as per tutorial. The tutorial is also included in the ABVFP zip.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

George Ive completed the form in Voda but how do I enter a hidden field. WHat do I select?

Comment

Double click the form, and when the Form properties dialog box appears, the bottom part is about hidden fields. Click on Add and then give the hiddeen field the name "Formid" EXCACTLY as you see it here, and as value give it 2 or 3 or whatever is the number that ABVFP cp has given you when you set up the form.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

now when I click the submit button the URL shows

with nothing on the page. Where do I find this code?
                        I checked my upload form and it has my URL

Comment

Will, you are not helping me help you. Please provide the form URL so i can have a look at what you have done. And there is NO code that you need to find. Just create your form, publish it, and set it up CORRECTLY using the instructions.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

George, I hope this is what your asking for

you snd like Tom Cruise in Jerry McGuire when he tell Cuba Gooding the same thing...

Comment

Good one.

However, it seems that you have mistaken some hings:

1. the email field MUST be Email-Re and not Email-RF
                              2. The checkboxes and the position fields have {} at the end. Why ?
                              3. Your form submits. However, it then goes to a 404 Page not found error. Almost certainly, you have mistaken the URLs of the thank you page and the error page. If you wish, use myform to send me the pages links as well as your ABVFP username and password and i will fix it for you.
                              You will have to edit the mstaken field names yourself as i don't have access to your site
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X