• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rebasmom
    Private First Class

• Aug 2007

Form has me stumped

My site is www.actingpros.com. I have an opt in email form. I also have a thank you page that is supposed to come up after they hit the submit button.

When I enter my own email address to test and hit submit, the page comes up to the error default page "page cannot be found." Also, when I receive the email, it just says "Values submitted from web site form :"

I know I've done something wrong, but this whole form thing has me a bit perplexed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Form has me stumped

Please provide some info: link of the form page, link to the thankyou_page, script that you have used. We can't help just by guesses.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Rebasmom
      Private First Class

• Aug 2007

Well, first of all, this thread was probably my third post on this forum as I have just joined Voda. I posted because I know absolutely nothing about HTML and I'm scared about my website not working properly.

I understood that I could come here and ask questions, even stupid ones, and get them answered in a non-threatening way. The instructions before hand just said to give you my client ID or my web URL. I had no idea you needed these other elements or I would have provided them. I followed the tutorials to the letter and read the instructions that were written underneath as well--all of which seemed to contradict each other in a couple of places. So, I did the best I could.

I'm going to chalk your sarcasm up to not having had your first cup of coffee this morning. Some people, like me, are doing this for the very first time. It's nerve wrecking enough without feeling like a child in school who has forgotten something that's obvious to the whole class.

Here is the information you requested:

http://www.actingpros.com/contact.html

http://www.actingpros.com/action.php

<?PHP
      $mailto = "info@actingpros.com";
      $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'];
      if ($email == "") {
      $email = $mailto;
      }
      $mailsubj = "Mailing List Submission";
      $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
      reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
      $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form :\n";
      while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
      {
      if ($key!="submit")
      {
      $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
      }
      }
      mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
      ?>

I took the html script right off what was in the body of the instructions. I wasn't sure how to fill it out, so I may have missed something.

I even went back and re-published the page with a lower case "c" in the contact name because that seemed to correct my index page problem--which I figured out by myself, thank you.

So, maybe we can try this again. I would like some help in understanding what I've done wrong here--and perhaps you can adjust your instructions accordingly so that those of us who have very simple forms on our websites won't seem like idiots when we have a question about them.

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

There was absolutely no sarcasm in my post. Just the fact that this is a member's forum, and as such we can't know which is your website. The client ID can only be usefull to VH staff, who have a database of clients, and so they can see which your website is. Without seeing your page, no one can make guesses. This is what i stated, no more and no less.

I have indeed tried to trace your page, but contact.html (when i tried) simply did not exist, nor action.php, nor thankyou.php or similar (I tried 6-7 different guesses with no luck).

Regarding my forum presence, thank you, i will not expect anything from you, until you take some time to read some of my nearly 7000 posts and understand what kind of type i am.

Now, on to your problem: your form action is set to be "action.php" but your page is published as "Action.php" with uppercase "A". open the form page in BV, change the action in uppercase "A" that is "Action.php" save and publish the form page. Remember to refresh your page before trying the form again, otherwise your browser might keep in it's cache the old page version.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Rebasmom
          Private First Class

• Aug 2007

I hope with all my heart that I never again have a problem with a form. And I'm glad to know that you're simply a member and not an employee of Voda.

Comment

Working...
          X