• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QuantumPhotography
    Master Sergeant

• Nov 2006

Help with details not coming through on email

To anyone,

I have been re doing my site under php and have re done my form (contact page) all the elements are there and it goes to my action page saying thanks etc etc. Then when i recieve the email there is no details. Also it is not validating the fields.

If you go to www.quantumphotography.net/test.php then go to contact link you may see what I mean. if i go into www.quantumphotography.net which is still the old html design and to the contact page there and fill in the info it comes through fine on email with the details.

My menu or navigation is a php menu, could this be conflicting.

I hope someone can help
    Thanks darren
    Photography is a snapshot of a time in your life.
    http://www.quantumphotography.net

Websites you dream of... www.quantumwebworks.com
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Help with details not coming through on email

Ok, your problem is that you have limited the form area to be only around the submit button, all other fields are outside the form.

Copy all fields, delete them, stretch the form area sufficiently, and then paste back the fields using the Paste Icon. Save / republish, and refresh your page before testing.

Unless you have also changed the script , you should rename your Email field to email or there will be no senders address in the mails and they might get blocked.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• QuantumPhotography
      Master Sergeant

• Nov 2006

Just the person I was hoping would see my problem. You are a god Naval. Did what you said and works a treat.

Thank you very much.

Darren
      Photography is a snapshot of a time in your life.
      http://www.quantumphotography.net

Websites you dream of... www.quantumwebworks.com

Comment

• Will'sMom
        Private

• Aug 2007

I am having the same problem, but I have double checked to ensure that my form field is surrounding all my form boxes (and it has since I developed the form). Yet, everytime I test the email it comes through blank.

Here is the code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
        <html>
        <head>
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
        <title>Treasured Xpressions Photography, Fredericksburg Virginia</title>
        <?PHP
        $mailto = "olivia@treasuredxpressions.com";
        $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'];
        if ($email == "") {
        $email = $mailto;
        }
        $mailsubj = "Web Inquiry";
        $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
        reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
        $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form :\n";
        while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
        {
        if ($key!="submit")
        {
        $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
        }
        }
        mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
        ?>

Sorry if this is a simple error. I don't know how to write code,etc. and am completely new to developing a website.
        Thanks in advance for the help!
        Olivia
        www.treasuredxpressions.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Yours is a different problem: you need to set the encoding type of your form in "multipart/form data". Also, rename the email field from Email to email (lowercase e). Edit the form, save, republish and refresh your browser before testing
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Will'sMom
            Private

• Aug 2007

Thanks...that worked.

Question, though... I have the combo/list box that will allow multiple selections. When the email comes through after the submit, why will only one of the selections come through on the email?

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

You need to add [] at the end of the field name. Even this way, i am not sure that the standard script that is included in the forms tutorial will send you multiple values, i believe that it will send you the value "Array" because in fact that is an array. You need to use ABVFP to acheive that automatically.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
              X