form assistance required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• form assistance required

Ok so I registered my domain and I've been working on my index page. Now I downloaded the formmaker. I followed the steps to setup a database and successfully achieved that part. Then it says to download the entire folder to the public_html. Then it says I need a third party ftp client to transfer files so I did just that. To transfer it asks for a username and password but on top it has the server ip address not sure which ip address is correct so I left that where it was at. I tried to do that and it gives me a 530 code. I haven't completed everything for my website and not ready to publish yet. Ok here are my questions:

Where do I go to set up a username and password to transfer files?

How do I upload all the files for formmaker into a folder?

How do I move completed pages such as my index page to folders in the control panel?

Thanks
    Diane
    Diane
    www.smallbizunite.net

At first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!

Re: Racking my brains! How do I?

Diane,
    Have you purchased hosting? If so, you got your id's etc in your welcome letter. You also would have received the proper ip address to publish to.

When you publish pages, they will automatically go into your control panel as they should.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: Racking my brains! How do I?

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
      Diane,
      Have you purchased hosting? If so, you got your id's etc in your welcome letter. You also would have received the proper ip address to publish to.

When you publish pages, they will automatically go into your control panel as they should.
      Hi Beth,
      I do have a client id. Though I am not ready to publish just yet I was curious to see if my index page would publish but it did not. I am thankful because I'm not ready to put my page out there yet. I am nowhere near done. As of right now I am working on how to store my files into the control panel and to figure out how to upload formmaker which I am having problems with right now because in the ftp manager it asks for a user id and password and I'm not sure which password they are asking for. This is soooo confusing lol sorry I am not very knowledgable on this and it is strenuous. I'm trying though so thats good
      Diane
      www.smallbizunite.net

Comment

Re: form assistance required

If you are using a third party FTP software, you first need to set up your software so that it knows where to upload the files.

Your username and password for FTP are the same as the Control Panel ones that VH has supplied you with. If your softawre asks for an IP address, you also use the one provided by VH.

After you have it setup, you usually try to connect, if it connects you have done everything ok, if not, there is something wrong.

Once you verify it can connect, you can upload the entire fmp folder in your public_html.

You do NOT store your files in Control Panel. If you use BlueVoda, you need to PUBLISH your pages through the embedded "Publish" feature of the software. Of course, you need to select the correct IP address (the one that VH has sent you) as well as provide username and password (also the ones VH has sent you).

If you are using another website builder, you usually first export all the files (html pages, images etc) in a folder in your computer, then you upload the files using FTP just as with FMP. Some builders will do that automatically (they will FTP he files themselves in your site).
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Good Morning Naval. I wanted to say that it was all settled once I got a hold of billing support. I now am able to use ftp manager and my problem consisted mainly with my password and the ip address. I am also using a 3rd party ftp from the selection when I set up an ftp account. Would I still need to use a 3rd party to upload forms or will I be able to use the ftp manager in bv?

Also on my last thread I posted concerned publishing my index page for testing. Well my results are a bunch of subdomain files and the parent directory that pulls up when I key in my domain address. Will you be able to assist me there as well because I saved my index page as the tutorial said. I in lowercase for index and I saved. Went to publish and still got the same results. Thanks for any help.

Diane
          www.smallbizunite.net
          id 19666
          Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
          If you are using a third party FTP software, you first need to set up your software so that it knows where to upload the files.

Your username and password for FTP are the same as the Control Panel ones that VH has supplied you with. If your softawre asks for an IP address, you also use the one provided by VH.

After you have it setup, you usually try to connect, if it connects you have done everything ok, if not, there is something wrong.

Once you verify it can connect, you can upload the entire fmp folder in your public_html.

You do NOT store your files in Control Panel. If you use BlueVoda, you need to PUBLISH your pages through the embedded "Publish" feature of the software. Of course, you need to select the correct IP address (the one that VH has sent you) as well as provide username and password (also the ones VH has sent you).

If you are using another website builder, you usually first export all the files (html pages, images etc) in a folder in your computer, then you upload the files using FTP just as with FMP. Some builders will do that automatically (they will FTP he files themselves in your site).
          Diane
          www.smallbizunite.net

Comment

Not sure what you have been doing there. Why all those subfolders ? And, i see that you are still deleting / addind folders.

Your index page must be saved as index no extension or anything else. And, when you publish, you need to publish in public_html do NOT add anything after this. Try it.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X