• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JAFMER
    Sergeant

• Oct 2007

Forms Error 404

I am finally totally frustrated. I have gone through the tutorials countless times - both the BV and the one put up by Andy 128. I have combed the forums for answers, and tried the suggestions made there on relevant parts. The ericacrosley seemed to have similiar problems, the ColdDraco13 post is way over my head.
    Here is the information I can share the site is www.eggsinmypocket.com > I have developed a pages entitled "contacts" and a companion page entitled "action" (which is the thank you page). The contacts page has the following page properties: Page properties title = contacts, File extension = html. The General Form properties of the form on that page are: Form name = contacts, Action = action.plp, Encoding = multipart/form-data.
    The action page (Thank you ) has the following properties: Title = action, File extension = php

I made the following script changes: mailto = fenoglio@embarqmail.com; mail sub = "Eggs Contact"; and mail body = "Values submitted from web site form:\n";

I have checked the values on each field of the form and it meets the value prescribed in the tutorials as far as I can see.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

John
  • dandia
    Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

Re: Forms Error 404

John

i am no where near an expert but check you've got php and not plp on your extension.

Debbie

Comment

• Andy128
      Major General

• Dec 2005

jafmer-
      Dandia is absolutely correct- your action is action.plp and should have .php
      Change that and give it a try. If that does not work, could you copy and paste the script that you are using here so we can check it for accuracy.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• JAFMER
        Sergeant

• Oct 2007

I have learned over the years that I can not copy read my own work. I have now learned that I don't do a very good job on minute details whether it's mine or not. What a difference a single letter makes. Thanks to you both for the careful detail recognition. The change of the "l" to an "h" made everything work.

Many Thanks

John

Comment

Working...
        X