Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I ask viewers if they are over 18 and only let them view the page if they are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I ask viewers if they are over 18 and only let them view the page if they are?

I am building a small site for a friend who is part of an online lottery game scheme. he wants a link from his home page that takes people to a Euro Lottery site. people have to indicate they are over 18 before they enter the site (I guess because it's online gambling, really, but all perfectly legal). How do I put a pop-up or similar on the page so they get access if they tick the Yes Radio button and are refused access if they don't?

Thanks in advance.
    Steph
    www.thebestofdealandsandwich.co.uk

Re: How do I ask viewers if they are over 18 and only let them view the page if they

If the redirection is to a euro lottery site, won't THAT site have all the necessary legal notices, requirements for age restrictions on it anyway?

Surely if you placed a link and by the side of it had some text saying (over 18 only), then when they click onto that site I would hazzard a guess that it is THAT site's responsibiltity no?

Just a thought.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Re: How do I ask viewers if they are over 18 and only let them view the page if they

Yes, you may be right, although I think my friend wants to add his own layer of filtering to make it really clear. I would think it's straight forward enough to do in Blue Voda, everything else seems to be pretty intuitive, I'm just not sure where to start. Will look at the Forms tutorials.
      S

Comment

I am not sure if you can do this with BV, but I am certain someone on this forum can create you a script to do it anyway. There are plenty of very clever people on here.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Just put a button in your page (Advanced button):

Button: I am over 18, please take me to EuroLottery

Make it on click, action "Navigate to...".and provide the URL to the site

Yes, you can also make a form, or even a Go menu (which is a firm), but why complicate things ?
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X