• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IndianaJim
    Private First Class

• Feb 2008

Specifically: size of fields during preview

When I go into preview in browser, the files are like 2pt size instead of 10pt. I followed tutorial instructions to the letter. Anyone who can't is just silly.

So what's the deal with the field size? It all checks out on the settings page, just when I go to Preview it changes it. I have not published the page yet.
  • Jeremy
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Re: Specifically: size of fields during preview

Check your site for browser compatibility, also, make sure your default font on your browser isn't set to 2pt.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• IndianaJim
      Private First Class

• Feb 2008

If compatibility was my issue I would have noticed that a long time ago.

And if my browser font was 2pt, wouldn't the rest of the text be tiny like that?

Comment

• Jeremy
        Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Can you link me please?
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Are you talking about the text area form fields ? If yes, Which BV version do you have ? an older (v 8.0) had this problem, and it was fixed in the series 9.X .
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• IndianaJim
            Private First Class

• Feb 2008

Version 9.0.2

I fixed it, anyhow. Looks like when it generated the HTML it made the fields 16345968 pixels each. Swear to Bill Gates, it did.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Sorry, my mistake, it was version 9.0 series that had the problem. Please upgrade to the current version 9.1
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• IndianaJim
                Private First Class

• Feb 2008

Alright now I have another problem: The way I put the page online is I preview in browser, then change the filename in the Preview folder to whatever it is .php, but when I go to the form, submit data, and get the .php page, I look at the source and the code is gone!

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

IndianaJim: do you have a VH account ? If yes, why do you do this ? to publish your page as php it is enough to set, in Page Properties, the page extension to be php when published.

You will never see the php code in the online page, php code is pursed by the server and only it's output (as html code) is visible in the page. Since this code has no output (it only sends the mail) you will never see anything in the page code.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                  X