• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shanni
    Corporal

• Feb 2008

Lost part of site since installing ABVFP

I installed AVBFP on my site, After which i have lost my connection to my chat room?? my website is www.yapidi.com The path to my chat room is http://www.yapidi.com/forum/chat I also have my buttons etc Linked to that Link, But everything was working okay But since installing that AVBFP Its gone, i can still see the files in CPanel, with the same Path etc.... But It wont load.

What can I do to fix this???

Can someone help and have a look for me? It was working fine before installing AVBFP.

I look forward to a reply
    Social/business Networking
    www.yapidi.com

Get YOUR Teeth into something new!!!!
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Lost part of site since installing ABVFP

ABVFP has nothing to do with your problem. Connect with FTP and check first that your permissions for the "forum" and the "chat" folder are correct : 755

I can see the forum, but i can only see the blueish background of the "chat" ??
    Image copied from your forum
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• shanni
      Corporal

• Feb 2008

Its got me beat!! I havent touched any of the settings in the chat or forum for awhile. I cant even load some of the new pages I made that have to do with the ABVFP ie: Contact page, error page, Thank you page, NOR my Chat Rooms. Even though this has nothing to do with ABVFP.... But It seems strange I cant access any of these things, all at once since I uploaded that software?

The Forum I can access, this is not the problem, its working fine. Its the chat rooms and after Publishing those other pages, they too are not accessable??

I have NO IDEA! Maybe uninstalling the ABVFP may help? I dont know? Any Ideas,??

Oh Yeh I too can only see the Bluish background, there should be a Username and password box in the middle. You must have clicked on my Members Login button.... Even so It too is not functioning correctly.

This is the page for New users to register 1st time and sign in - www.yapidi.com/forum/chat Its not even available.

CHeers
      www.yapidi.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

One possible reason, that has nothing to do with ABVFP itself but with what you might have done, is that you have created a new password for the same user, thus excluding your default user from the database. That, IF and ONLY IF your chat is database driven.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• shanni
          Corporal

• Feb 2008

Yes you may well be right there.. (smartypants) My chat is Database driven, what and how do you think I can fix this?
          www.yapidi.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Your script has probably a file called "config.php" or something similar . It should be inside the chat folder. Browse with FTP to find it (it might have a slightly different name) double click it, and it should open in Notepad. There you will be able to see the username and password for the database. Go in CP, DB section, and change the password to be the one you found.

When you do this (if this is the problem) you will need to either reinstall ABVFP with another user / pass for the DB, OR, open the dbts_config.php file in your ABVFP folder, and edit the use details (DB user, not the ABVFP user) to be the same as the chat script or another new that you will create (new username, new password)
            Navaldesign

Comment

• shanni
              Corporal

• Feb 2008

OMG That is sooo much info..... I will need to read your message a few time to really understand.....lol.... Thats okay... I will give it a go, what other option do i really have!

Thanks, I will be sure to let you know how I go *raising one eye brow*

;)
              www.yapidi.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Your other option is to reinstall the chat using a totally different DB username / password
                Navaldesign

Comment

• shanni
                  Corporal

• Feb 2008

Gee your GOOD!!!!! What I did was go into my databases, added a new user to the chat one, then deleted the user that was the same as the ABVFP user, then I followed your Instructions found the Username and password in the 'php' and changed it to the new database info. Instantly my chat page came available www.yapidi.com/forum/chat

You should be paid more money.... Go and ask for a pay rise, tell them I said your worth it!! heehhee

NOW.... What do you think I have done in regards to the pages I made for use with the 'Forms'....

www.yapidi.com/Contact_us

www.yapidi.com/thankyou

I have published them, they are not showing.?

After making the form on the 'home/index' page, there is a little 'error' message at the bottom left corner of the browser. What do you think I mayhave done wrong? Or perhaps what I could do to make it right?

Thanks ;)

LESSON FOR TODAY= Never make a database with the same info as another...... Lesson taught and learnt!...lol
                  www.yapidi.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

and

You forgot the .html at the end

I am not paid, no one here is, this is volunteer based forum.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

• shanni
                      Corporal

• Feb 2008

Well You should be paid!! Anyway, Your a great help, thank you for your kind helping hand;)

Silly me, not adding something soooo simple in.... I think Ive been working too long days on this site.

I have some other questions Im needing help with, but I will place another thread.

Have a great day, and cheers ;)
                      www.yapidi.com

Comment

Working...
                      X