• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frdqgjbc
    Sergeant

• Jul 2007

Contact Form Submit Button doesnt work.

Hi. I have followed all the tutorials on how to make a form and have done so, but the submit button doesnt work. here is the address www.focalpointpictures.co.uk/digitalmagiccontact.html.
    I've tried doing the tutorial all over again, but still no luck!
    Thanks.
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Contact Form Submit Button doesnt work.

Your submit button is outside the form area. SDelete it, stretch down the form as much as required, and re-position the submit button.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Darktater
      Private

• Dec 2008

i made this HTML code in hopes to have an e-mail sent to my address wen the submit button was pressed, but it just opened a blank Outlook e-mail instead. how to i fix this?
      Code:

<html>
      <head>
      <title>
      Whatever
      </title>
      </head>
      <body>
      <form name="comments" method="post" action="mailto:me@domain.com">
      Your Name: <input type=text name="realname" size=30><p>
      Your Email Address: <input type=text name="email" size=40><p>
      Subject: <input type=text name="subject" value="Comments on Website" size=40><br>
      <P>Comments:<br>
      <textarea COLS=60 ROWS=8 name="comments" wrap=virtual> </textarea><p>
      Home Website*: <input type=text name="link" size=45><p>
      Name of Website*: <input type=text name="linkname" size=40><p>
      </b><input type="submit" value="Submit"> </form>
      *Optional
      </form>
      </body>
      </html>
      Last edited by Darktater; 12-05-2008, 04:04 AM. Reason: not media

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Your problem is that you have the action set to do exactly this: to mail you, through your own mail client .
        action="mailto:me@domain.com"

The action should be set to submit to a script that will then process the form and send you the mail, not through your mail client

If you are a VH customer, use BlueVoda's built in form processor.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• VFRodriguez
          Sergeant First Class

• Dec 2007

I want to implement ABVFP in my site. I installed it in http://www.rd77.com/ABVFP/contactform.html
          In order to do it right, want to start using the example that comes with the product but i get an error message.
          Please help me.

1. I need to know if ABFVP works only in the domain where it is installed only. For example, i have several domains within http://rd77.com and would like to know if I need to install it in every domain.

2. Another question, how do i use ABVFP in combination with bluevoda?

3. What have i done wrong?

I have a lot of question but by this time, i'll feel very well if answers for these ones are correctly answered.

Victor F. Rodriguez

by the way: I don't know how to post a new post
          Victor
          My Website

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

This post will be moved in a while, to a thread of its own.

To create a new thread, select the subforum (from the forum index, in example, select the Forms subforum). When you get there you will se on the left upper part of the page, a button "New Thread"

Regarding your questions:

1. Yes, though there is a couple more steps than in the the case of single installation. After you have completed the initial installation, post again and i will guide you through.
            3. You simply set the form action to point to ABVFP. Read the ABVFP tutorial (included in the zip you downloaded), ALL the necessary instructions are there.

3. The form IS working, and ABVFP also. However, you had set the domain name, the error page and the thankou page to be NON existing pages:
            http://www.tax???.com/ABVFP/thankyou_page.html and http://www.tax???.com/ABVFP/errorpage.html
            So the script was trying to go to the error page (because the domain name and the Form URL are not the same, as they should be) but was not finding the error page, thus resulting in the error.
            I made the thank you page and eror pages to be the ones that came with the script, so now it works.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X